Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

I thought about it for a few more hours, and in the end, I decided to buy and I got the Neverland Tail. It is so gorgeous, and I am so happy.

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    I have been thinking about getting a Finfolk Fabric Tail for a long time. I was thinking about getting one today as a graduation gift to myself, but I am not sure if I should. They are pretty expensive, and I would have to get a different monofin to really use it, since all I have is a finfun and a competitor. I am not sure if I should buy one of these and get a monofin, or wait and see if I can find some other tail maker to make me a custom skin to go on the competitor. Any thoughts?
    The competitor won't fit and its not worth cutting. For Finfolk, they recommend the foil, wave/rapid, and shooter. I personally use the wave and love it.

Quote Originally Posted by MidnightMer View Post
    I thought about it for a few more hours, and in the end, I decided to buy and I got the Neverland Tail. It is so gorgeous, and I am so happy.
    AND THAT'S SO EXCITING!

They're so much fun with swim with and congrats on graduating

I think I figured out the real culprit for holes appearing in the tails, and I'm fairly certain it's not the monofins. My vinyl inserts have started to saw little holes in my tail, and it's especially bad where the corners of the vinyl are. Fortunately my holes aren't as big as the ones some mers have had to deal with, but I wasn't expecting the wear and tear to come from the tail itself.

I'm a bit disappointed, but hey. I plan on adding some scale tipping to my tail anyway, and that will probably hide existing damage as well as not holding up either, so we'll see how it goes.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Beautiful Raina I got your book I love it so far

~~~Mermaid Auquita~~~
    Mermaid Kisses
    And Starfish Wishes
    Sent from My Shell Phone

***Mermaid Auquita***

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I just ordered one of the misprint tails aaaa I wasn’t planning on getting one so soon but I couldn’t resist when these ones came up and one of my favourites still had my size!
    I’m waiting too see if my new linden adult monofin will fit in it, if it does I’ll let everyone know! If not then I’ll have to get one of the finis ones
    I’m so excited!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

YEEEET

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

I just ordered a misprinted Shipwreck Siren and I'm SO EXCITED! Honestly, I'm a little scared because my butt and waist are almost an inch-ish over the recommended measurements for the size I got, but we'll see.. It was an XXS and I'm 88 lbs and fairly petite so here's hoping it's just a little tight and not like seam splitting tight haha
    I'm just kind of debating on what monofin specifically.. I wish I'd been able to have them add calypso fins but that's not a thing for it so oh well.. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to do it myself or buy another when another line comes out
    Low tide and high tea, the oysters are waiting for me
    If I'm not there on time I'll send my emissary~

I will go ahead and warn Gen2 tails don't have as much give as Gen1 tails. I sized up my Gen2 tail and it fits almost as snug as my Gen1 tail. There's a lot of other mers that ordered the exact same size as they had worn with Gen1 and were not able to fit into their Gen2 tails.
    I'll be interested to see in how you guys fit in them.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod inanna's Avatar
    wow, that's a really pretty tail mari
    grays harbor mermaid
    "She would be half the world away, floating in a turquoise sea, dancing by the moonlight"
    - Janet Fitch

Follow Nima On Twitter Add Nima on Facebook
    I just dropped the money on a Glaucus Atlanticus Misprint last night. It's gonna be my first tail and I'm super excited for it <3

my suggestion to anyone who finds their tail is too small is to take the elastic out and then try it. HUGE difference for me

How is the drag on these tails? I’ve heard that the swimtails betta tails have quite a bit of drag and am wondering if the finkfolk ones are as bad?

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    My first gen Island iris has a significant drag. I need to work on the drainage holes since it doesn’t have any.

In order to not get drag you have to situation your fluke properly. It took me forever to figure out. But there is drainage built in to Gen 2, but if you use a monofin too big for the fluke it'll suction close. I couldn't get my drainage to work with a rapid, but totally fine with a foil.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I got my misprint tail today!! And took it for its first swim! Here’s a little “first thoughts” review.
    The “misprint” on mine is so small it doesn’t even show up on camera so I’m super happy with that! (It’s only a tiny line across the back of the calves)
    I used my adult linden monofin in the casing And it worked perfectly, I removed the screw casing things for easier access to the monofin and it worked great
    After all the mixed views on these tails I was kinda worried it wouldn’t be the greatest tail.
    I had a lot of trouble getting the tail on, there’s like no stretch in the material, and even tho my measurements are an inch smaller than those on the measuring chart, and it was nearly impossible to get it over my butt, lucky I managed to in the end!
    The drainage on the tail works well as long as you lower yourself slowly into the water to let the air escape.
    The colour of the tail is so stunning and looks amazing in and out of the water
    The propulsion and comfort of the fluke and linden monofin is amazing, and a lot smother than I was expecting! Basically no drag at all!
    Overall I’m really happy with this tail so far, and I can’t wait to take it on so many adventures!

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Senior Member RiverDragonKaringan's Avatar
    Add RiverDragonKaringan on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post
    I got my misprint tail today!! And took it for its first swim! Here’s a little “first thoughts” review.
    The “misprint” on mine is so small it doesn’t even show up on camera so I’m super happy with that! (It’s only a tiny line across the back of the calves)
    I used my adult linden monofin in the casing And it worked perfectly, I removed the screw casing things for easier access to the monofin and it worked great
    After all the mixed views on these tails I was kinda worried it wouldn’t be the greatest tail.
    I had a lot of trouble getting the tail on, there’s like no stretch in the material, and even tho my measurements are an inch smaller than those on the measuring chart, and it was nearly impossible to get it over my butt, lucky I managed to in the end!
    The drainage on the tail works well as long as you lower yourself slowly into the water to let the air escape.
    The propulsion and comfort of the fluke and linden monofin is amazing, and a lot smother than I was expecting! Basically no drag at all!
    Overall I’m really happy with this tail so far, and I can’t wait to take it on so many adventures!

You look amazing! Glad to know the Adult Linden Fin will fit these tails!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Mari View Post

It looks beautiful! Now I’m seriously considering getting one when they do the next run since I already have a Linden monofin.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

What do they mean by misprint?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app