Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    What do they mean by misprint?

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    It means the print isn't perfect, or the details don't line up perfectly, or there's a flaw in the image. The tail itself is fine, the printing might be a little irregular.

Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    It means the print isn't perfect, or the details don't line up perfectly, or there's a flaw in the image. The tail itself is fine, the printing might be a little irregular.
    That is what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.

Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    Has anyone tried to put a Mahina into the calypso fluke?
    "All that's left is rust and stardust..."'
    '[/I]

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    So I will have a review coming soon, but here's my first pool swim in my finfolk classic cleo. I found it too floaty for me (neoprene) and while I think the footage looks ok I really struggled with the fluke. I found it so floaty and had so much drag, and even though I had the screws in my monfin casing, the casing would still slip too far up and cut into my ankles/feet. I have tried a rapid (found it was too big and I couldn't keep the strap on and made the tail too short) and the foil (didn't fill the fluke out enough and shifts around too much) eventually I guess I'll need a shooter but I've already bought two monofins for this thing haha so I am not up for another one anytime soon. That's not meant to bash them because so many people have no problem swimming in these tails. I just can't. lol

So I just had my first swim in my Finfolk Oracle. It was ridiculously difficult. I was using the foil monofin, and it kept slipping up and out of the casing. I could barely get halfway across the pool in one breath where I was able to get from one end to the other and back again in just the Foil. Not to mention how incredibly slow I was going. When I got out of the pool, the fluke was ballooned up with the amount of water that had collected. I turned it upside down and a TON of water came out. I know it has drainage, as I saw trickles of water draining from the fluke when out of water. So am I doing something wrong? Also, I have some questions.
    In regards to the monofin, where exactly is it supposed to sit in the casing?
    How can I fix this problem?
    Is this just how these tails are normally?
    It is really a beautiful tail, though.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

I have the Oracle too. Swimming in a tail with a fluke that big is not meant to be fast. It’s a slower process. And also, before you get in the water, it’s important to let your fluke get some water in so it doesn’t balloon up. After that, my fluke never balloons. I can’t answer your questions about the monofin since I don’t have a foil.

Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    Also; make sure that your drainage holes aren’t stuck together. I have 2 FF tails, and on one of them the plastic liner was stuck together and I had to peel the layers apart. No more ballooning or drag! To prevent slippage, you might want to thread some string, shoelaces, or Velcro through the little slits in the sides of the plastic inserts and tie them tightly. I have a Shooter, so I’m not sure if the Foil is harder to secure or not. Finally, the Shooter probably provides more propulsion than the Foil. If you want a more efficient swim you might want to switch over to the Shooter. Hope this helps! 🧜*♀️❤️

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cerulean View Post
    So I just had my first swim in my Finfolk Oracle. It was ridiculously difficult. I was using the foil monofin, and it kept slipping up and out of the casing. I could barely get halfway across the pool in one breath where I was able to get from one end to the other and back again in just the Foil. Not to mention how incredibly slow I was going. When I got out of the pool, the fluke was ballooned up with the amount of water that had collected. I turned it upside down and a TON of water came out. I know it has drainage, as I saw trickles of water draining from the fluke when out of water. So am I doing something wrong? Also, I have some questions.
    In regards to the monofin, where exactly is it supposed to sit in the casing?
    How can I fix this problem?
    Is this just how these tails are normally?
    It is really a beautiful tail, though.

Yeah the foil is notoriously unrecommendable for a Finfolk fabric. I've heard zero good experiences about it. I don't understand why Finfolk keeps recommending and selling it.

The ONLY suitable monofins for a Finfolk fabric IMO are: Finis Shooter, Waterway DoZo (hard), and Waterway Mermaid (medium or hard). Everything else just makes the experience meh. And unsafe. Or doesn't fit.
    Last edited by MermaidLiara; 01-08-2019 at 05:55 AM.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    I’ve been using the adult linden monofin my my ff fabric and haven’t had any slippage at all, it also helps with drag and the monofin is quite big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Thanks everyone, I will definitely try to get my hands on a stronger monofin. Sad to see the Foil doesn’t work after all, despite Finfolk’s recommendation.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    That’s a shame, I really like my Foil and was hoping to find a tail that works with it at some point. Oh well, if I reach a point where I can buy a $300 tail I can pay a little more for the monofin.

Thank goodness i came to this thread! I just ordered my first tail ever, a fin folk fabric golden giza, and am looking for the monofin. a friend who also got a FFF recommended the Foil, but it looks like the shooter is indeed better (sad cause it's also $100 more).

Thanks everyone. This thread re: monofins also makes me nervous about neoprene breakdown. I'll be sure to be really careful!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I made this video back in December but didn't have time to edit it until now. (Sean did it for me!) Here is my full length review of my Finfolk Productions "Classic Cleo" with my classic disclaimer that I suck at swimming in fabric haha.

Good morning everyone! I am a foil user and like it! I got it because I really didn't need a lot of speed, I just wanted something comfortable and could get me where I need to go, eventually. I wear booties with it and my feet feel like they're sitting in pillows. I used ribbon to tie each hold of the casing together with the knots on the inside and it keeps my monofin from moving. It does make it trickier to take the vinyl in/out of the fluke, but I don't mind!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Trade Winds's Avatar
    Can anyone give some sizing tips? I am thinking about a small in the stuff they got left on sale but my waist is a little over an inch more than what they list (a bit under 30). My hips are at 37. Can I get away with a small or should I do a medium? I feel if I do it'll be too big.

Also how do I measure calves and ankles? Is it around BOTH and not one?
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 02-08-2019 at 06:07 AM.

Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Can anyone give some sizing tips? I am thinking about a small in the stuff they got left on sale but my waist is a little over an inch more than what they list (a bit under 30). My hips are at 37. Can I get away with a small or should I do a medium? I feel if I do it'll be too big.
    GO MEDIUM!! These tails tend to run small and it’s definitely better to size up! I went with a small, I matched the measurements almost perfectly and I can only JUST get it on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

I was considering buying a Fin Folk tail and getting a misprint (I don't really have $335 to spare) but the only ones left are in XXS. Does anyone have any idea when Fin Folk may be producing more tails? They mentioned new fabric tail designs for 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by YoungNebraskaMermaid View Post
    I was considering buying a Fin Folk tail and getting a misprint (I don't really have $335 to spare) but the only ones left are in XXS. Does anyone have any idea when Fin Folk may be producing more tails? They mentioned new fabric tail designs for 2019.
    Oh! I was looking at a FinFolk Instagram post from January and they stated that their fabric tails would now be only custom. They haven't followed up on that, but I hope they don't stop making the other ones because I assume the custom ones would be much more expensive

@YoungNebraskaMermaid: I strongly suspect there will be new fabric tails in May. They will PROBABLY be $335 again, so you better save up quick. Or maybe you can get a second hand for cheaper? Keep in mind they run small.

Oh! I was looking at a FinFolk Instagram post from January and they stated that their fabric tails would now be only custom.
    This is not true. Their fabric tails will never be custom. You misunderstood.

Oh! I was looking at a FinFolk Instagram post from January and they stated that their fabric tails would now be only custom. They haven't followed up on that, but I hope they don't stop making the other ones because I assume the custom ones would be much more expensive

They have announced this week that their summer line has been confirmed. I would expect to see the new line in the next month or two. These will not be priced like the misprint tails though, you'll have to wait for a few months after the release to see those.

As for what you read on their IG... what they had been talking about was how they were not going to re-print any of their past tail designs, so no more prints of things like the Island Iris and are just going to be focusing on their new fabric designs. No custom fabric tails at this time.