Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516
Results 301 to 316 of 316

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

  1. #301
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod PearlieMae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,637
    Follow PearlieMae On Twitter Add PearlieMae on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by KTMaggs View Post
    What do they mean by misprint?


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    It means the print isn't perfect, or the details don't line up perfectly, or there's a flaw in the image. The tail itself is fine, the printing might be a little irregular.

  2. #302

    Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlieMae View Post
    It means the print isn't perfect, or the details don't line up perfectly, or there's a flaw in the image. The tail itself is fine, the printing might be a little irregular.
    That is what I thought. Thanks for the clarification.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

  3. #303
    Junior Member Pod of Oceania
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    6
    Has anyone tried to put a Mahina into the calypso fluke?
    "All that's left is rust and stardust..."'
    '[/I]

  4. #304
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,370
    So I will have a review coming soon, but here's my first pool swim in my finfolk classic cleo. I found it too floaty for me (neoprene) and while I think the footage looks ok I really struggled with the fluke. I found it so floaty and had so much drag, and even though I had the screws in my monfin casing, the casing would still slip too far up and cut into my ankles/feet. I have tried a rapid (found it was too big and I couldn't keep the strap on and made the tail too short) and the foil (didn't fill the fluke out enough and shifts around too much) eventually I guess I'll need a shooter but I've already bought two monofins for this thing haha so I am not up for another one anytime soon. That's not meant to bash them because so many people have no problem swimming in these tails. I just can't. lol


  5. #305
    Junior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Cerulean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    This Texan will never tell
    Posts
    10
    So I just had my first swim in my Finfolk Oracle. It was ridiculously difficult. I was using the foil monofin, and it kept slipping up and out of the casing. I could barely get halfway across the pool in one breath where I was able to get from one end to the other and back again in just the Foil. Not to mention how incredibly slow I was going. When I got out of the pool, the fluke was ballooned up with the amount of water that had collected. I turned it upside down and a TON of water came out. I know it has drainage, as I saw trickles of water draining from the fluke when out of water. So am I doing something wrong? Also, I have some questions.
    In regards to the monofin, where exactly is it supposed to sit in the casing?
    How can I fix this problem?
    Is this just how these tails are normally?
    It is really a beautiful tail, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

  6. #306
    I have the Oracle too. Swimming in a tail with a fluke that big is not meant to be fast. Itís a slower process. And also, before you get in the water, itís important to let your fluke get some water in so it doesnít balloon up. After that, my fluke never balloons. I canít answer your questions about the monofin since I donít have a foil.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

  7. #307
    Junior Member Pod of Cali Seairah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    26
    Also; make sure that your drainage holes arenít stuck together. I have 2 FF tails, and on one of them the plastic liner was stuck together and I had to peel the layers apart. No more ballooning or drag! To prevent slippage, you might want to thread some string, shoelaces, or Velcro through the little slits in the sides of the plastic inserts and tie them tightly. I have a Shooter, so Iím not sure if the Foil is harder to secure or not. Finally, the Shooter probably provides more propulsion than the Foil. If you want a more efficient swim you might want to switch over to the Shooter. Hope this helps! 🧜*♀️❤️


    Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork
    ​Seairah

  8. #308
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Cerulean View Post
    So I just had my first swim in my Finfolk Oracle. It was ridiculously difficult. I was using the foil monofin, and it kept slipping up and out of the casing. I could barely get halfway across the pool in one breath where I was able to get from one end to the other and back again in just the Foil. Not to mention how incredibly slow I was going. When I got out of the pool, the fluke was ballooned up with the amount of water that had collected. I turned it upside down and a TON of water came out. I know it has drainage, as I saw trickles of water draining from the fluke when out of water. So am I doing something wrong? Also, I have some questions.
    In regards to the monofin, where exactly is it supposed to sit in the casing?
    How can I fix this problem?
    Is this just how these tails are normally?
    It is really a beautiful tail, though.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork
    Yeah the foil is notoriously unrecommendable for a Finfolk fabric. I've heard zero good experiences about it. I don't understand why Finfolk keeps recommending and selling it.

    The ONLY suitable monofins for a Finfolk fabric IMO are: Finis Shooter, Waterway DoZo (hard), and Waterway Mermaid (medium or hard). Everything else just makes the experience meh. And unsafe. Or doesn't fit.
    Last edited by MermaidLiara; 01-08-2019 at 06:55 AM.

  9. #309
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    138

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Iíve been using the adult linden monofin my my ff fabric and havenít had any slippage at all, it also helps with drag and the monofin is quite big


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

  10. #310
    Junior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Cerulean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    This Texan will never tell
    Posts
    10
    Thanks everyone, I will definitely try to get my hands on a stronger monofin. Sad to see the Foil doesnít work after all, despite Finfolkís recommendation.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

  11. #311
    Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Posts
    155
    Thatís a shame, I really like my Foil and was hoping to find a tail that works with it at some point. Oh well, if I reach a point where I can buy a $300 tail I can pay a little more for the monofin.


    Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork

  12. #312
    Thank goodness i came to this thread! I just ordered my first tail ever, a fin folk fabric golden giza, and am looking for the monofin. a friend who also got a FFF recommended the Foil, but it looks like the shooter is indeed better (sad cause it's also $100 more).

    Thanks everyone. This thread re: monofins also makes me nervous about neoprene breakdown. I'll be sure to be really careful!

  13. #313
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,370
    I made this video back in December but didn't have time to edit it until now. (Sean did it for me!) Here is my full length review of my Finfolk Productions "Classic Cleo" with my classic disclaimer that I suck at swimming in fabric haha.





  14. #314
    Good morning everyone! I am a foil user and like it! I got it because I really didn't need a lot of speed, I just wanted something comfortable and could get me where I need to go, eventually. I wear booties with it and my feet feel like they're sitting in pillows. I used ribbon to tie each hold of the casing together with the knots on the inside and it keeps my monofin from moving. It does make it trickier to take the vinyl in/out of the fluke, but I don't mind!

  15. #315
    Senior Member Trade Winds's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    621
    Can anyone give some sizing tips? I am thinking about a small in the stuff they got left on sale but my waist is a little over an inch more than what they list (a bit under 30). My hips are at 37. Can I get away with a small or should I do a medium? I feel if I do it'll be too big.

    Also how do I measure calves and ankles? Is it around BOTH and not one?
    Last edited by Trade Winds; 02-08-2019 at 07:07 AM.



  16. #316
    Senior Member Mermaid_Mari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    138

    Visit Mermaid_Mari's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Trade Winds View Post
    Can anyone give some sizing tips? I am thinking about a small in the stuff they got left on sale but my waist is a little over an inch more than what they list (a bit under 30). My hips are at 37. Can I get away with a small or should I do a medium? I feel if I do it'll be too big.
    GO MEDIUM!! These tails tend to run small and itís definitely better to size up! I went with a small, I matched the measurements almost perfectly and I can only JUST get it on


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    @MaritzaMermaid on Instagram

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •