Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Eek I got one!! I got the Blue one with the Loreena fluke!

I was wondering who my fellow sapphires were. Not a lot of us in the Pod Squad it looks like.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I was wondering who my fellow sapphires were. Not a lot of us in the Pod Squad it looks like.
    It was the second to sell out I believe, the Sandy Shoal was the most popular. There's still a bunch of the red, black, and the two pinky ones.

I thought the most popular one was the island iris? It sold out HOURS before the Sapphire did.

I was looking at the red one this morning before work (I worked yesterday too and missed the bulk of the rush from the Pod Squad) but didn't pull the trigger and my size was sold out. I did manage to get the silver one (my unexpected backup) though

Merman Caspian

Well, Caspian. You and I can be second-choice buddies, lol. I was fortunate enough to get this week off for vacation time, and lo and behold the first Black Friday I have off in seven years happens to be the release of these tails. Honestly I had to jump on it, it was a sign.

BlueCorvidae, glad you got one too. Now the wait begins to January

Merman Caspian

I ordered my fin folk fabric tail already.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sink or Swim

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    I know there are a few still available online now, but I am pretty sure they are all the less common sizes

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone seen a size chart for the fabric tails, or are they just the same as mythic sizes?

There is a size chart on the Pod Squad facebook page. It got a little buried on the photos tab but if you click that and keep scrolling the size chart is on one of the photos of Mermaid Hyli wearing the green/blue tail. In the livestream they said the measurements are not the same as the mythics and that you need to be sure to pick the tail that matches your measurements the closest because they sized the tails down a little to account for bagginess.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    There is a size chart on the Pod Squad facebook page. It got a little buried on the photos tab but if you click that and keep scrolling the size chart is on one of the photos of Mermaid Hyli wearing the green/blue tail. In the livestream they said the measurements are not the same as the mythics and that you need to be sure to pick the tail that matches your measurements the closest because they sized the tails down a little to account for bagginess.
    I'll leave this for reference when the next round of tails gets announced. The Finfolk team usually are good of making announcements like that

Merman Caspian

I wasn't going to get one as I've a silicone on the way from Mernation, but I do like the silvery one so I might consider it when the new ones drop.
    ~Mermaid Salacia~
    Sea Witch of South Australia
    https://www.facebook.com/themermaidsalacia/
    mermaidsalacia.weebly.com/

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but the fluke on these are so large compared to the woman, it looks almost awkward? And the proportions of the base of the tail (where the scales meet the fin of the fluke) vs her ankles makes it look like it's dangling on by a thread. At least, with the picture above.

These tails are so beautiful, though. Simply gorgeous. I'm probably just ruffled over nothing. xD hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone else agrees, but the fluke on these are so large compared to the woman, it looks almost awkward? And the proportions of the base of the tail (where the scales meet the fin of the fluke) vs her ankles makes it look like it's dangling on by a thread. At least, with the picture above.

These tails are so beautiful, though. Simply gorgeous. I'm probably just ruffled over nothing. xD hahaha.
    I'm thick through the legs, so I don't even think about things like that... however, I have to admit I LOVE big flukes. As long as I can move in them decently, I feel bigger is better. So I might be biased.

And I hate the flukes on most fabric tails, since they're usually on the smaller side.

"I like big flukes, and I cannot lie."
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Folly View Post
    I'm thick through the legs, so I don't even think about things like that... however, I have to admit I LOVE big flukes. As long as I can move in them decently, I feel bigger is better. So I might be biased.

And I hate the flukes on most fabric tails, since they're usually on the smaller side.

"I like big flukes, and I cannot lie."
    Hahaha, me too, girl. On me it would be very well balanced. ;P I love big flukes too! As long as they aren't impractical. 'Tis one of the reasons I got a Mahina.

I was able to get Plumeria Pink last Friday! Anyone else also get that one?
    Last edited by Mermaid Andrina; 11-29-2017 at 09:32 AM.
    Shoot for the moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Andrina View Post
    I was able to get Plumeria Pink last Thursday! Anyone else also get that one?
    I got the Star-Crossed Silver on Saturday and it'll be my first Finfolk tail

Merman Caspian

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I really want to get one of these the next time that they restock, but I am nervous about the sizing not fitting correctly. I would have to get a Small or a Medium judging by their measurements (I think the Small would be better for the waist size, but the medium is better for my bum ), and I am worried that it wouldn't quite fit. I am 40 inches exactly from ankle to the tops of my hips, and I am worried it would be slightly too short and slip down... I may order one and then see in person.

Did anyone ever figure out if the Hydra will fit? Which fin has the most propulsion of the ones that fit in this tail do you guys think?
    ~Merman Rett Of Georgia~

(Formerly Known as Risingmermaid)

Quote Originally Posted by Rett View Post
    I really want to get one of these the next time that they restock, but I am nervous about the sizing not fitting correctly. I would have to get a Small or a Medium judging by their measurements (I think the Small would be better for the waist size, but the medium is better for my bum ), and I am worried that it wouldn't quite fit. I am 40 inches exactly from ankle to the tops of my hips, and I am worried it would be slightly too short and slip down... I may order one and then see in person.

Did anyone ever figure out if the Hydra will fit? Which fin has the most propulsion of the ones that fit in this tail do you guys think?
    I was also worried about the length so I asked Finfolk, and they said that you can push the monofin further down, which creates more length! So that's good news.

If you are really torn between sizes, I'd pick the M. It's easy to make a tail smaller. Do you have a sewing machine, or someone who can help you?

They weren't able to test the Hydra because they didn't have one, but it will likely fit. A lot of people have asked this, and we will have to wait until the first fabric tails are shipped to owners who have hydras in order to know for sure.
    I also want to use my hydra when I order a fabric tail next round.

The Finis Shooter fits for sure (they used it in most of their promo vids) and provides the most propulsion out of all the monofins that fit.

If you want even more propulsion, you could cut a competitor to fit, but if you ask me that's quite a waste of an expensive competitor hehe.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-N910F met Tapatalk