Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Finfolk's Fabric Tails!

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    I was stuck between two sizes as well due to the butt. They recommended the smaller one cause of my waist size so it wouldn't be baggy and would stay up. They did say the fabric does have some stretch. Not sure how big of a difference your measurements are but I would actually go for a small if you're that waist size.

I'm going to be using my wave

I already have a cut Competitor that I’ve been trying to think of a tailskin for, and this is far too tempting.

I’ve wanted to make my own, but my last few have been flops at best and I’m absurdly indecisive.

Mer for over 5 years and I’m only just now figuring out my color scheme, let alone what type or tail I’ll be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

I can finally say my dream is coming true from Mermaid Kita she’s giving me her golden ticket

The tail I’m getting soon when the New Years start omg I’m still in shock

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita View Post
    I can finally say my dream is coming true from Mermaid Kita she’s giving me her golden ticket

The tail I’m getting soon when the New Years start omg I’m still in shock

CONGRATS! Those were so cool =)

That's also very sweet of her. Can't wait to see photos

Quote Originally Posted by Mer Coralia View Post
    CONGRATS! Those were so cool =)

That's also very sweet of her. Can't wait to see photos
    I can’t wait to get my tail

I'm still on the fence about what monofin to buy for my tail. I can't remember all of the ones that Finfolk confirmed would work, and I wish they'd give confirmation on whether or not the Mahina would work. (I really want a Mahina, lol.)
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

Omg I love that pink color!!! Looks amazing

They won't confirm or deny the Mahina because the Mahina people don't want their fins in fabric tails. Once people actually have the tails I'm sure they'll test lota of monofins and give feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Salacia View Post
    They won't confirm or deny the Mahina because the Mahina people don't want their fins in fabric tails. Once people actually have the tails I'm sure they'll test lota of monofins and give feedback.
    What is the difference between mahina and other monofins?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    I'm still on the fence about what monofin to buy for my tail. I can't remember all of the ones that Finfolk confirmed would work, and I wish they'd give confirmation on whether or not the Mahina would work. (I really want a Mahina, lol.)
    After I bought my fabric tail I took out my Mahina and measured it to compare the measurements to the ones given in the tail description. From my measurements, I think all worked except I think the end width - which makes sense because the Mahina's fin tips flair out really far. Many people have trimmed the ends of their Mahina to make it fit better into tails. I cut on the foot pockets of mine to make it fit my feet better so I can say first hand that they are easy to trim. Once I get the tail in I will put my Mahina inside to see how it fits. I'm personally not going to cut the ends of my Mahina, but I may consider buying a second Mahina to cut for the tail. The issue I have with the Mahina is it REALLY hurts my feet. Everything else about the monofin is amazing, but comfort is not so good. I recommend going a size up. I bought a medium and wish I would have bought a large because I don't really have space in the pockets for wearing neoprene socks - which will help keep you from getting blisters from the monofin.

Quote Originally Posted by uwmerman View Post
    What is the difference between mahina and other monofins?
    The Mahina is a very large monofin and unlike most large monofins, it isn't super stiff. Instead, it has just the perfect amount of stiffness and floppiness to it. It is made of rubber and it is all one mold so the foot straps are completely part of the fin. These days there are different mermaid-y shaped monofins on the market, but not too long ago the Mahina was about the only mermaid shaped monofin on the market - another reason why it has been so popular. I would say that the Mahina feels less clunky in the water. You feel more graceful because it flows so well underwater. If you swim a few laps in a stiffer fin, say a Finis Rapid, then switch to the Mahina, you will notice a difference.

I have a Finis Rapid (confirmed to fit in the Finfolk fabric tail) and a Mahina monofin so when I get my tail I will let you all know how those monofins are. The only concern I have with my Rapid is the strap clips on the side stick out a lot so that might detract from the look of the tail. That is one of the pros to getting one of the monofins Finfolk recommend for this tail - both fins they recommend won't have that ankle bulge.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Salacia View Post
    *nasally nerdy voice* um ACTUALLY Mahina now works in conjunction with some fabric tail companies to start selling tails with the Mahina on strong reccomendation that they are for adults only. Hense the "pro" line of tails from both Magictail and Swimtails.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    The Mahina is a very large monofin and unlike most large monofins, it isn't super stiff. Instead, it has just the perfect amount of stiffness and floppiness to it. It is made of rubber and it is all one mold so the foot straps are completely part of the fin. These days there are different mermaid-y shaped monofins on the market, but not too long ago the Mahina was about the only mermaid shaped monofin on the market - another reason why it has been so popular. I would say that the Mahina feels less clunky in the water. You feel more graceful because it flows so well underwater. If you swim a few laps in a stiffer fin, say a Finis Rapid, then switch to the Mahina, you will notice a difference.

I have a Finis Rapid (confirmed to fit in the Finfolk fabric tail) and a Mahina monofin so when I get my tail I will let you all know how those monofins are. The only concern I have with my Rapid is the strap clips on the side stick out a lot so that might detract from the look of the tail. That is one of the pros to getting one of the monofins Finfolk recommend for this tail - both fins they recommend won't have that ankle bulge.
    I would be curious as to hear your opinion of the two. I feel like my monofin is too stiff and it doesn't feel easy to swim in. Is the mahina meant for more experienced swimmers?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I wouldn't say so. I use a mahina, and it's my first fin.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I wouldn't say so. I use a mahina, and it's my first fin.
    how do you like it? Swim easy and graceful?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by uwmerman View Post
    how do you like it? Swim easy and graceful?
    Oh, its just wonderful. I love it! Its flowy, but has pretty good(?) propulsion, and it feels great.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    Hey there guys! I just want to happily say that I'll be getting a finfolk fabric tail too. My secret santa sent me a Golden Fin Ticket from finfolk!!!!! I plan on getting the Island Iris tail. I'm so happy!!!! Especially after selling my silicone tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    Hey there guys! I just want to happily say that I'll be getting a finfolk fabric tail too. My secret santa sent me a Golden Fin Ticket from finfolk!!!!! I plan on getting the Island Iris tail. I'm so happy!!!! Especially after selling my silicone tail.
    Same girl same

My mermaid tail I gave them my tail size and they got on order on a note

How exciting for you! Which one did you decide on?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

how do u get golden fin tickets? can you buy them?

Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    how do u get golden fin tickets? can you buy them?
    It was part of Finfolk's recent PodSquad Secret Santa exchange and those lucky enough to have the Admin team as their SS got the ticket

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app