Thread: Memphis Nashville OR Atlanta?

Memphis Nashville OR Atlanta?

My family is moving cross country and on our way there we thought we'd do some sight seeing. (I'm trying to plan out most of our stops.)
    I hope to hear from all of you about which place would be best for a short one day visit, and what we could do there.
    About our trip; we are traveling with our two young/small children, two Large dogs, and one small kitty. So we definetly cannot do any bars or clubs. We aren't country music fans but we love BBQ and a lot of different music.

So far we are planning on seeing the sunrise at the Grand Canyon and hopefully stopping in Texas for sleeping the first night. I'm going on different websites to find dog parks as well as rest stops along the way for the entire trip that allows dogs. So much to do so little time.
    Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Memphis was really cool to drive through; however it was at night. They have a Bass Pro Shop shaped like a pyramid.

Nashville isn’t really all as grande as I thought it would be. There are some cool statues and a lot of country music history.

As for Atlanta I have never been there, but I have gone through Georgia. I’d love to take a trip to Atlanta to the Aquarium though. It is supposed to be huge.

Depending on what direction you are headed would depend on what I would more strongly suggest.

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry about that. We are headed to North Carolina, but we don't mind driving a bit out of the way since this is the closet thing to a vacation we've had in a Long time.

Memphis Nashville OR Atlanta?

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Sorry about that. We are headed to North Carolina, but we don't mind driving a bit out of the way since this is the closet thing to a vacation we've had in a Long time.
    If you are headed to NC and you enjoy the outdoors/ an adventure, I would put Gatlinburg, TN on your list of consideration.

I would go there any day over Nashville or Memphis.

They have the beautiful Smoky Mountain National Park (which in the autumn is even more gorgeous), there are a lot of craftsmen shops and homemade candy stores on the streets, and Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies (home to my best friend Sally the Sea turtle) is there. It’s a very family friendly place with nice people.

Even if you can’t go into any shops you can always drive across through the Smoky Mountains to the Cherokee Indian Reservation in NC. It’s a beautiful drive with lots of breathtaking over looks.

Sorry for all the information, I just love Gatlinburg so much.

Anyways, if you are moving to NC you could probably go there easily anytime.

Ooh that sounds fun we will be going in December so I hope there's no snow lol. But I'll look into that whole area too, I saw some beautiful pictures of it so far online.
    Dont be sorry for the information you provided it looks really cool and honestly I could use all the help I can get. Thank You for this info I'll let my husband know of this place.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi Daenerys View Post
    Ooh that sounds fun we will be going in December so I hope there's no snow lol. But I'll look into that whole area too, I saw some beautiful pictures of it so far online.
    Dont be sorry for the information you provided it looks really cool and honestly I could use all the help I can get. Thank You for this info I'll let my husband know of this place.
    It depends on how the weather goes for the winter. Sometimes there will be a lot of snow and sometimes there will barely be any.

One Christmas there was at least four inches of snow on the ground, but for the past two years it has been 60°F.