Thread: Anyone want a custom silicone tail?

Junior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Summersun09's Avatar

Anyone want a custom silicone tail?

After making my own silicone tail successfully I’ve got the tail making bug and would love to make another. If someone would pay for the supplies I will make a custom tail for them with whatever colors they want. Here is the first tail I made, it has been very durable through countless swims this past summer.

That picture shows the back with the heel fins I added. The seam is fairly visible in the picture but it is placed on the back so any pictures of the front show no seam at all which I think looks very nice.

DM me if interested!

Summer

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    great job for a first tail! Seams are always tricky to hide, comes with practice I think. Really impressive paint job for your first tail.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    great job for a first tail! Seams are always tricky to hide, comes with practice I think. Really impressive paint job for your first tail.
    I have learned SO much during this project, thanks for the compliment

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Great job so far. I wish you good luck!

Materials for this project would be $600 plus shipping. This would be a great way for someone who really wanted a silicone tail but didn’t want the price tag or wait of a brand name tail.

Quote Originally Posted by Summersun09 View Post
    Materials for this project would be $600 plus shipping. This would be a great way for someone who really wanted a silicone tail but didn’t want the price tag or wait of a brand name tail.
    It would be VERY beneficial for both you and the customer. You get the practice without breaking the bank, and someone else gets a lovely tail for a good price. I'd do the same thing with fin molds if I could, LOL!
    I hope someone grabs this. I am 14, and I am not rich, so I obviously can't get this, but someone else should.
    Beautiful tail above, btw.

I didn’t know u were 14 I’m 19 my Bestie is 18 well u have helped me a lot Mermaid Kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAuquita View Post
    I didn’t know u were 14 I’m 19 my Bestie is 18 well u have helped me a lot Mermaid Kane
    Hahaha, yes. I get that a lot! It's on my bio, but I've declined to put it in my signature or anything because of a lot of rude and inappropriate comments/messages I often get. But I try my best to be mature, although you never really know if your doing a good job? Glad I could help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    Hahaha, yes. I get that a lot! It's on my bio, but I've declined to put it in my signature or anything because of a lot of rude and inappropriate comments/messages I often get. But I try my best to be mature, although you never really know if your doing a good job? Glad I could help out.
    You did Mermaid Kane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk