Thread: Making a full silicone tail

Making a full silicone tail

I'm working on making a full silicone tail. What do you thin of my fluke design? I also plan to make the body in strips because it will save space and I'm a curvy person. So I'll have more control over the size this way. Also I plan to make a single seam in the back. Any advice or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Sent from my M40 using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Kisses :*

Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

As long as you don't mind some drag because of your long (flowy?) fluke, you should be good. I don't know if I'd swim in the ocean with that kind of fluke, but it might be fine. I'm no expert.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lau View Post
    Oh my gosh, it's beautiful! I'm so excited for you!

As long as you don't mind some drag because of your long (flowy?) fluke, you should be good. I don't know if I'd swim in the ocean with that kind of fluke, but it might be fine. I'm no expert.
    Thanks! I wanted it to be super flowy. I probably won't be swimming in the ocean any time soon, but I wanted a full silicone tail because my mythic tail didn't seem to be believable to the kids I did a birthday party for. And it's a lot cheaper to make one then it is to buy one

All the best for your first, Kita! What do you plan to use for the monofin?

Out of curiosity tho, what did the kids do to show they didn't believe? Maybe you can pick up some responses for your next gig -- there're threads here that might help.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    All the best for your first, Kita! What do you plan to use for the monofin?

Out of curiosity tho, what did the kids do to show they didn't believe? Maybe you can pick up some responses for your next gig -- there're threads here that might help.
    Im still looking into the monofin thing. I'm thinking either a shooter or a rapid.
    And some of the kids were convinced from the start. But there were a few that pointed to the space between the scales and that they looked sewn on. I have a finfolk mythic tail. I told them that it was my skin and my scales grow from it. But I definitely want a full silicone tail to prevent that issue.

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidkitpesem View Post
    Im still looking into the monofin thing. I'm thinking either a shooter or a rapid.
    And some of the kids were convinced from the start. But there were a few that pointed to the space between the scales and that they looked sewn on. I have a finfolk mythic tail. I told them that it was my skin and my scales grow from it. But I definitely want a full silicone tail to prevent that issue.

Nice save, hopefully they bought the idea in good fun! Your silicone tail could then be what they look like when you've fully grown them out.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Nice save, hopefully they bought the idea in good fun! Your silicone tail could then be what they look like when you've fully grown them out.
    Yes! As if a molted!