Thread: One Step to Coming Out Fulfilled

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar

One Step to Coming Out Fulfilled

So today I was at a dinner for my sister's birthday. Eventually the topic came up of the extreme heavily Christian woman I constantly talk about, who is like a mother figure to me, but whose judgement over merfolk I fear most, specifically about her deeming things "too masculine" or "too feminine." My family was very supportive when I talked about fear of her judgement. While I didn't talk about mers specifically, I can now know that most of the people I was concerned about were very accepting, and said they would love me no matter what. So while they don't know specifically about mers, only that I have some stuff I am holding in, I am slightly more confident now, and there is only one challenge left.

My Fam who said this:
    My strongest supporter was my aunt, who is a lesbian, and was very passionate and accepting when I told her my fears.
    My dad was very supportive as well, and I know he grew up in a strict Southern Conservative Christian family, and broke free after a while, which really helps.
    My sister is bisexual, and she told me about mending her relationship with this woman after she discovered my sister was in a relationship with a girl.
    (My sis' girlfriend was also really nice and supportive)
    My brother has gotten into several debates with this woman before, because he is a Jew, and was empathetic.
    And my grandma, who was also incredibly open about the whole thing, especially with my diverse family

Congratulations! I'm glad things are turning out well. It's good that you're getting some support from people you care about

Senior Member Pod of New England MermanJamie's Avatar
    Aw, thanks! I am still on the way, but hopefully it will come out within a few months