Thread: Holiday for Merfolk -Mer-Made Week Marsa

Holiday for Merfolk -Mer-Made Week Marsa

Hey European Mers!

Me and Marcus Greatwood will be providing mer-tuition and freediving coaching on a holiday provided by Oonas Divers to Marsa Shagra Eco Village on the Red Sea in Egypt in May 2018 (16-23rd). There will be morning yoga on the beach, we'll be staying in Royal Tents (with fan/fridge/lights etc) at the Eco Village, and there will be daily opportunities for mermaiding, diving etc, with tuition and coaching from Marcus, who has been freediving 20 years, and assistance from me. All against the most magical backdrop of the Red Sea where you can see turtles and dolphins amongst other wildlife on the reef. Price including tail is £1500, or if you have your own tail already is £1250. These prices include flights from London Gatwick, transfers in Egypt, all meals and soft drinks, daily dive support, mer/freedive tuition. For people wanting to arrange their own transport and already have their own tail there is a stripped down price (no tails, no flights, no transfers) of £850, which might be more suitable for mers outside of the UK.

Here is a short video where you can meet me and Marcus and hear a little bit more from him about the trip, which he has been doing with Oonas Divers for over 15 years as a freediving trip, and this year will be available for the first time as a merfolk focused trip. Drop me a message on Facebook (I'm Emily Wright on there, or you can do it via Mer-Made ) and check out the event for more info https://www.facebook.com/events/1525526277512744/ Hope to mer with some of you this summer!

Oh my god this sounds amazing!!! Will definitely think about going!!

Is it an actual freediving course? As in, will we do an exam and receive certification if we pass?

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    Oh my god this sounds amazing!!! Will definitely think about going!!

Is it an actual freediving course? As in, will we do an exam and receive certification if we pass?

Ooh brilliant! We would love to have you! It is not strictly a course atm, but Marcus can sign ppl off for AIDA stuff if you mention to him that you need that. We want to make it more about enjoyment of the experience than straining to get qualifications, so that's not the main focus of it, but you will absolutely be learning freediving skills from a coach with over 15 years teaching experience.

Want to add me on Facebook so we can keep in touch about it? My profile is https://www.facebook.com/cuttlefishlove I'm looking at taking deposits of £300 over the next few weeks, with a hard deadline of 14th Dec, to reserve places. If you add me on there I'm happy to give you a ring (or get Marcus to give you a ring) to answer any questions you've got etc

^I have sent you a friendship request

I would love to do an AIDA freedive course during that week in Egypt, how much extra would that cost? I already have professional bi-fins, a professional mask and a snorkel. I can get a document for medical approval in my home country.

Can I not register after Dec 14th?

If I pay a deposit by Dec 14th, when is the full amount due?

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    This looks awesome. Good luck to everyone who goes!

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLyara View Post
    If I pay a deposit by Dec 14th, when is the full amount due?
    I’ve no doubts Emily has already answered this via Facebook, but for the benefit of anyone else wondering: deposits need to be in by 14th December and the rest by the end of February.

This trip should be incredible. Just imagine... waking up and falling out of your tent straight onto the sand... getting into tail and swimming in a warm sea... the chance of seeing dolphins, turtles and dugongs in the wild... all while in your mermaid gear.

As far as I’m concerned, I don’t think I could ever get much closer to being ‘real’!

It’s also aimed at all levels - not just the experienced freedivers, so don’t let that put you off if you’ve never done any sort of freediving training. We’ll be there with a qualified team looking after us - they’re experienced, qualified, know what they’re doing, and they’re really friendly!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOh thanks Louise for following that up - I replied to Mermaid Lyara via FB but not on here!

We've updated the date of the holiday to accommodate more people, so it's now running in October! Deposits due by Feb 7th, Final balance by early July https://www.facebook.com/events/1525526277512744/