Thread: Spellbound and Propulsion

Spellbound and Propulsion

I revisited mertailor after seeing some pictures of the spellbound tail. It seems like the fluke is more flexible and more realistic in terms of touch, but in all the videos I've seen girls seem to be having issues getting speed and propulsion. I like having powerful swim, but I also really like the realism. I've picked up a Volunteer gig at an aquarium and need to upgrade my fabric tail. I'll be both on land working with kids and swimming in the tank (if all goes well), so the realism appeals to me. However I also plan on doing swimming in local lake and reservoirs so I'd hate to be unable to power my way around.

Any info for me on this? Thanks so much. In terms of what I'm used to I have a spandex tail with a finis wuarious monofin. The fin is okay for what it does and better than the one I had before.

Thnks again!

I personally haven't tried one but have worked with people who have and they love it.

One of them had a finfolk with a competitor and upgraded to the spellbound and say the propulsion is great even in the open ocean so i would assume it wouldn't be a problem!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I got to test a bunch last weekend when I visited mertailor and both I and Venessa were floored by how good they were!

The propulsion on the spell bound tails is very natural. To me it feels like how it would be if you actually happen to sprout a tail. if you're looking for something super OPed, then the spellbound might not cut it, but if you want a very flowy natural swim style that perpetuates beauty and grace during your gigs and performances its perfect for that. It's a super natural swim, it doesn't feel like a power boost enhancement. many people compare it to that of the trainer monofin.

Thanks for the feedback ladies. I really think this is my tail then for what I'm doing in the tank! I need all the help I can get to look graceful!

Hi everyone! I am wondering if anyone can tell me about the propulsion of the sea whip in particular? How does it compare to other tails you've had?

His spellbounds are all monofin-less now. I just got my Odyssey, which is built around the Fantasea Too fluke, and it's powerful... but not what you would call speedy. You have to swim at a moderate pace to get the most efficient propulsion out of it, and I assume that's the same for the other fluke shapes too.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    My spellbound has better propulsion than my FinFun. In addition, I have modified my FinFun to improve its propulsion, and the Spellbound is still better.
    Now, if only it did not squeeze my feet so hard that they turn red and are in horrid pain after half an hour, and the silicone foot pockets would not tear.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!