Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fantasea Monofin by Mertailor review

Fantasea Monofin by Mertailor review

I have to tell you guys about my favorite new product! I have been in the market for quite a while for a monofin. I wanted to be able to practice my mermaid swimming without the hassle of transporting and slipping on a tail each time I go to a pool. I thought I had settled on the Mahina. That is until I had the opportunity to test the new Fantasea monofin by Mertailor last week. During a visit with my friend Raina Mer to Florida last week, we were invited to Mertailor's home studio to view and test several of his new products. It was such a treat! My eyes settled on a pink Fantasea....and it happened to be in my size! I tried it on and immediately marveled at how comfortable it was. The silicone was so soft and it slipped right on. Noworries about straps coming unhooked as it is all molded cleanly as one piece. I wondered if the comfort was cause a sacrifice in the propulsion. That was not the case at all. While it doesn't have the full of the Competitor that is in my tail, I was pleasantly surprised that I went from one end of the pool to the other with about three flicks of the fin. Moreover, the "flowiness" of this monofin makes it so beautiful for tail flips and underwater photos....much more photogenic than most of monofins. What is so cool is that the monofin also works with the modified skins Mertailor is now selling that slips easily over the Fantasea. Here again...the fabric was very high quality and so comfortable. I was having so much fun with this product I did not want to take it off...it is at the top of my Christmas list this year. Check them out here guys: https://www.themertailor.com/shop-me...rmaid-fin.html

Pictured below is myself with the pink Fantasea and Raina testing the Lyra fluke. I was able to try this one as well! Slightly heavier with a bit more push, but just as comfy...these will be in his new Spellbounds! Cool stuff!

Name:  fantasea.jpg
Views: 4937
Size:  557.1 KB

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    *facepalm* I just ordered a Mahina a couple days ago.... grrrr.

Maybe next year after I get more money...

Smile CANT WAIT TO ORDER ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by Venessa Louisiana Mermaid View Post
    I have to tell you guys about my favorite new product! I have been in the market for quite a while for a monofin. I wanted to be able to practice my mermaid swimming without the hassle of transporting and slipping on a tail each time I go to a pool. I thought I had settled on the Mahina. That is until I had the opportunity to test the new Fantasea monofin by Mertailor last week. During a visit with my friend Raina Mer to Florida last week, we were invited to Mertailor's home studio to view and test several of his new products. It was such a treat! My eyes settled on a pink Fantasea....and it happened to be in my size! I tried it on and immediately marveled at how comfortable it was. The silicone was so soft and it slipped right on. Noworries about straps coming unhooked as it is all molded cleanly as one piece. I wondered if the comfort was cause a sacrifice in the propulsion. That was not the case at all. While it doesn't have the full of the Competitor that is in my tail, I was pleasantly surprised that I went from one end of the pool to the other with about three flicks of the fin. Moreover, the "flowiness" of this monofin makes it so beautiful for tail flips and underwater photos....much more photogenic than most of monofins. What is so cool is that the monofin also works with the modified skins Mertailor is now selling that slips easily over the Fantasea. Here again...the fabric was very high quality and so comfortable. I was having so much fun with this product I did not want to take it off...it is at the top of my Christmas list this year. Check them out here guys: https://www.themertailor.com/shop-me...rmaid-fin.html

Pictured below is myself with the pink Fantasea and Raina testing the Lyra fluke. I was able to try this one as well! Slightly heavier with a bit more push, but just as comfy...these will be in his new Spellbounds! Cool stuff!
    Name:  fantasea.jpg
Views: 4937
Size:  557.1 KB
    i cant wait to order mines next week. its femmine and beautiful and i know if its anything as comfy as the luna fin as far as silicone goes that will be the last fin i ever have to purchase and use. Im a bit confused though i thought his Spellbound tails are fin less? its scultped into the tail itself, if that the case i just sooner wait a bit longer and get the whole tail what do you think dear

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I enjoyed using it too but I am so dang floaty I needed a weight belt LOL

I absolutely loved testing out the fantasea too! No one believed me when I said how the fantasea actually has propulsion! I've been saving up and am ordering mine on Thursday 😄

Sent from my SM-G920P using MerNetwork mobile app

AniaR I m going to need to get me a weight belt too then im way to floaty! and it doesnt appear that you are in need of weight belt i have seen you swimming and floating mid pool level as if you were on land you make it look effortless and so graceful! thanks xoxoxx

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Coral View Post
    I absolutely loved testing out the fantasea too! No one believed me when I said how the fantasea actually has propulsion! I've been saving up and am ordering mine on Thursday

Sent from my SM-G920P using MerNetwork mobile app
    I can't wait to get mines! Andi see your wearing his new #fantaseaskin squeee!

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I was looking at getting the Mahina this year and saw the fantasea so I'm grateful for finding this thread. Could anyone tell me how they compare? Also that Lyra is gorgeous

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TheChimera View Post
    I was looking at getting the Mahina this year and saw the fantasea so I'm grateful for finding this thread. Could anyone tell me how they compare? Also that Lyra is gorgeous

It's not one for speed. It is silicone so it's floppy whereas the mahina is rubber so they're way different in the stiffness. There is only one fantasea fin. I see a lot of people commenting about other fantasea fins he posts pictures of but those are the flukes of the spellbound tails before having the scale body attached and painted. These are great for surface swimming but would not recommend for diving or in water with strong currents. ☺

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I find the fantasea a million times more comfortable than mahina. Silicone *is* a rubber. Mahinas have latex which degrade over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby Coral View Post
    It's not one for speed. It is silicone so it's floppy whereas the mahina is rubber so they're way different in the stiffness. There is only one fantasea fin. I see a lot of people commenting about other fantasea fins he posts pictures of but those are the flukes of the spellbound tails before having the scale body attached and painted. These are great for surface swimming but would not recommend for diving or in water with strong currents. ☺

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I find the fantasea a million times more comfortable than mahina. Silicone *is* a rubber. Mahinas have latex which degrade over time.

Thanks ladies! That does help a lot with my decision. Would you say the fantasea is better as far as longevity is concerned? Or could I get a solid 5-7 years out of the Mahina in pool/ saltwater use. Will do some of my own research on latex and chlorine effects too. Thanks so much for the helpful responses so far

Also size wise I like the Mahina, live the idea of the natural looking fluke on both the fantasea and Mahina. But from the pics I've seen the fantasea isn't like some of the big a$$ flukes out there on other silicone tails. Maybe I'm overthinking it lol. Sorry guys so many questions wow

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Sabrina the Selkie's Avatar
    Chicago (brrrrr... warm up already, lake!)
    So I'm looking at buying a new monofin, and this looks really cool.

I know that there have been issues with Mertailor in the past, and I just want to know that the product is safe and of consistently good quality.

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Personally will be waiting to have funds to test for myself, or for Nerdmaid Faith to test one. She and I value similar things when it comes to monofin success.

When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

I have a Mahina and have commissioned my own covers for it, much like Mertailors’ fabric skins. Has anyone tried the fabric skin over a Mahina Fin? Wondering if it works? Then I could have two choices of fin (mertailor or Mahina) depending where I am swimning (ocean or pool). Just curious...

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

i have a mahina in the womens large size, what size would fit me if i brought the fantasea fin

Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    i have a mahina in the womens large size, what size would fit me if i brought the fantasea fin
    Sizes go by your foot size, you can check what size you are by looking at the Fantasea monofin andthen selecting shoe size or monofin size (along those lines) and then select your shoe size range and that will be the size of monofin you need.

Mermaid Mikayla

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid.Mikayla View Post
    Sizes go by your foot size, you can check what size you are by looking at the Fantasea monofin andthen selecting shoe size or monofin size (along those lines) and then select your shoe size range and that will be the size of monofin you need.

are the sizes in us though?

Quote Originally Posted by -Mermaid Amber- View Post
    are the sizes in us though?
    I believe so

Mermaid Mikayla