Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fantasea Monofin by Mertailor review

That's what I wanted to do with my Mahina fin, it's black though and I was wondering if the silicone would fit over it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see a lot of good about mertailors new Fantasea fin. I am looking for a monofin and skin to practice in before I get my silicone tail. Was looking at mertailors fantasea fin but I don’t know really the difference between the fabric and neoprene skins. Has anyone gotten either ??? How do you like the fin for just practicing? I already have put money down on my silicone tail but I need to get my body fit and in shape before I send my measurements. But I still want to practice my mermaiding.

Sent from my iPad using MerNetwork mobile app

I know this reply seems late, hope it may help. I just spent a week in Oahu snorkeling at multiple beaches. I was able to fold and carry the Fantasea Fin in my backpack (plus all my clothes and fabric skins), and not have other luggage... anyway. I never swam without it the whole time. It was amazing!!! I practiced by going to a local pool 2 days a week for 6 days total and lane swam and breath held for 1-2 hours at a time. I wanted my arms and legs prepared for ocean swims. It was easy!! I had so much fun. Not only was I the only mermaid at the beaches, I was able to follow a sea turtle with ease! I had an amazing time. The fin sinks, so I don’t feel that it is floaty at all. I am fairly weightless in the water. Highly recommend for pool or sea. None of the beaches I swam were horribly choppy, but it was enough to keep my 75 yr old mom out. I am turning 50 this year. I have a bad back, swimming is about the only true exercise I can do, besides short walks. I cannot wait to get back out. I’m not sure my picture will post but I will try. It says Too big a file size...

Does anyone have or can get a photo of Mertailorʻs fantasea fin vs the Mahina? Size wise and shape? Lengthwise and side by side. Thanks! Was thinking of using the fantasea in a swimtails betta since I didnʻt find the Mahina comfortable when I owned one and sold it.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    Does anyone have or can get a photo of Mertailorʻs fantasea fin vs the Mahina? Size wise and shape? Lengthwise and side by side. Thanks! Was thinking of using the fantasea in a swimtails betta since I didnʻt find the Mahina comfortable when I owned one and sold it.
    in one of courtneys mermaid videos she lays the fantasea fin over the mahina

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    Does anyone know how long the wait to get the fantasea is currently? I purchased or paid for it on the 15th, but the order still says it is "processing" does that mean stI'll yet to be seen, or it is starting to be made?
    Hope you get that sorted out, customers being left hanging isn't a good thing. What did their customer support say?
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

I don't exactly know how to get to customer suport.... this was my first time buying anything online....

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Velos View Post
    I don't exactly know how to get to customer suport.... this was my first time buying anything online....
    Hmm in your situation I'd email them at info@themertailor.com. All the best! If you've an order number, give it to them so they can quickly locate it.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    For me it took about two weeks before i had both my skin and fun shipped. Candy @ Mertailor is usually very good at getting back about any inquires. If her response is delayed which was my case at one point she will apologize cause stuff can get busy for them. It's really early to worry unless your talking about July 15th. Just my own experience.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

They just emailed me, I was slightly worried what processing meant (I was going to email them concerns in about a week), but appearently it means being made because it is being shipped today according to the email. I am so excited and completely shocked by how quick they finished the order.

The fin is here, it is bigger than anticipated, but that is a wonderful thing in my opinion, there are small holes on the back on the monofin, where the strap is, but hopefully nothing too horrible, and there is a looot more detail on the front and back. I will be going on my first swim tomorrow, I hope it goes well to the point I won't need assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    That is a cool idea. Never thought that would fit at all. Did you have to modify the fabric to get that to work & can you swim with it like that? Beautiful!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app