Thread: Mertailor Allure Tail and Photoshoot Review

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Mertailor Allure Tail and Photoshoot Review

Hey folks

I just got back from a trip to Florida where I was invited to photoshoot with Mertailor and try a beautiful green full silicone Allure tail.

Tail-

The tail wasn't made to my measurements but it practically fit like a glove. Really soft silicone on the inside and I was able to get it on with a little bit of lotion, and without rolling it down. I needed some help to get my first foot in- as the tail I tried was a prototype and the straps were quite large width wise. Once my feet were in, I couldn't get OVER how comfortable it was- especially compared to a monofin. It was so SOFT and kushy. And indeed while I swam it was insanely comfortable.

The tail was really heavy on land but I am told the newer versions have been made much lighter. You probably wouldn't be able to lift the fluke without help. It had an amazing paint job, and a lovely dorsal.

The tail swam really well, similar to using a foil fin, and was a tiny bit heavier than I was used to IN water which actually helped me a lot.

Getting the tail off took all of 2 seconds. I was easily able to pop my feet out and slide the whole thing off in one swoop. I think there's a lot to be said from NOT getting a tail skin tight, way more comfortable!

Shoot-

Eric offers personalized photoshoots for clients or people who want to rent his tails ranging in the 500$ area. Mine was a birthday gift from him

He has a stunning infinity pool that is 9ft deep with a great diffuser tent that goes over it to help control lighting. It's salt water and totally easy on eyes.

We were provided with change rooms, towels, and anything we needed for the shoot.

Eric was excellent to collaborate with, gave great direction, and had great ideas. I love out photos so much! He even edited a few while I was present so I could see the results instantly.

This was such a positive experience for me I have decided to buy an allure spellbound. I truly wish I could afford the full silicone but because of the currency difference between CAD and USD right now, it isn't practical as I'd be paying nearly an extra 2k on top of listed price. But I'm going to order a spellbound version in the future.

Name:  frgte.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  82.7 KB

Here's a neat slow mo video showing the tail flip! https://www.instagram.com/p/BbvoALXB...-by=hfxmermaid I just LOVE it

I would totally suggest these tails to people, and I would totally suggest hiring Eric for a shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Hey folks

I just got back from a trip to Florida where I was invited to photoshoot with Mertailor and try a beautiful green full silicone Allure tail.

Tail-

The tail wasn't made to my measurements but it practically fit like a glove. Really soft silicone on the inside and I was able to get it on with a little bit of lotion, and without rolling it down. I needed some help to get my first foot in- as the tail I tried was a prototype and the straps were quite large width wise. Once my feet were in, I couldn't get OVER how comfortable it was- especially compared to a monofin. It was so SOFT and kushy. And indeed while I swam it was insanely comfortable.

The tail was really heavy on land but I am told the newer versions have been made much lighter. You probably wouldn't be able to lift the fluke without help. It had an amazing paint job, and a lovely dorsal.

The tail swam really well, similar to using a foil fin, and was a tiny bit heavier than I was used to IN water which actually helped me a lot.

Getting the tail off took all of 2 seconds. I was easily able to pop my feet out and slide the whole thing off in one swoop. I think there's a lot to be said from NOT getting a tail skin tight, way more comfortable!

Shoot-

Eric offers personalized photoshoots for clients or people who want to rent his tails ranging in the 500$ area. Mine was a birthday gift from him

He has a stunning infinity pool that is 9ft deep with a great diffuser tent that goes over it to help control lighting. It's salt water and totally easy on eyes.

We were provided with change rooms, towels, and anything we needed for the shoot.

Eric was excellent to collaborate with, gave great direction, and had great ideas. I love out photos so much! He even edited a few while I was present so I could see the results instantly.

This was such a positive experience for me I have decided to buy an allure spellbound. I truly wish I could afford the full silicone but because of the currency difference between CAD and USD right now, it isn't practical as I'd be paying nearly an extra 2k on top of listed price. But I'm going to order a spellbound version in the future.

Name:  frgte.JPG
Views: 1083
Size:  82.7 KB

Here's a neat slow mo video showing the tail flip! https://www.instagram.com/p/BbvoALXB...-by=hfxmermaid I just LOVE it

I would totally suggest these tails to people, and I would totally suggest hiring Eric for a shoot.

Amazing photos. How fun!
    M
    EverythingMermaid.com

[IMG]file:///Users/mollyknye/Downloads/ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif[/IMG]

Raina, you look absolutely gorgeous. So happy you and Eric got to collaborate together, I can’t wait to see what’s in store for the future.

Behind the scenes video

Does your tail have any problems with gaps at the waist? I've seen that that was a problem for somebody's spellbound tail, but I'm not sure if that was due to improper measuring or the tail's inner lining not being silicone.

I'm considering going with Mertailor for my first silicone tail after I have my wedding. I like the price-range and the fact that their location is close enough that I could go in personally to pick it up. I'd like to avoid having a gap at the waist though.
    bluecorvidae.deviantart.com

I loved this tail so much I bought it.

Does your tail have any problems with gaps at the waist? I've seen that that was a problem for somebody's spellbound tail, but I'm not sure if that was due to improper measuring or the tail's inner lining not being silicone.
    This tail wasn't made for me, I rented it, and then bought it. But surprisingly enough it was close enough to my measurements that it didn't gap. it's not a spellbound, but a full silicone allure. The spellbounds are thinner and I have always found that thinner tails will gap a bit

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I loved this tail so much I bought it.

This tail wasn't made for me, I rented it, and then bought it. But surprisingly enough it was close enough to my measurements that it didn't gap. it's not a spellbound, but a full silicone allure. The spellbounds are thinner and I have always found that thinner tails will gap a bit
    Does he still offer Allure tails? I haven't seen them on his website, just the neoprene, spellbounds and those tail skins that go with his silicone monofins.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueCorvidae View Post
    Does he still offer Allure tails? I haven't seen them on his website, just the neoprene, spellbounds and those tail skins that go with his silicone monofins.
    nope! from what i know, mine is the last one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

I believe he's switching to spellbound which are still pure silicone.

spellbound does have the neoprene lining, which is the only difference between the two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    user formerly known as mermaidofthelabyrinth

it's a lining but I don't think it's neoprene anymore. The ones my girls have are more of a sport mesh- thicker than powermesh but similar

How was the quality?