Thread: Pros and aspiring pros -- want your website to attract more (and better) clients?

Pros and aspiring pros -- want your website to attract more (and better) clients?

Hi everymer!

I'm a copywriter looking to expand my body of work. Would any pro (and aspiring pro) mers like their website text done up to look more professional, and attract more/better clients?

I'm eager to help your website and promo materials to sell you better as an entertainer and performer. If you're looking for new opportunities, great copy accompanying great photos will clear away the barriers between you and your ideal clients, take you beyond the competition and help you land your dream gigs far more often.

Here's what I'm offering: For the first 3 responders via PM, I'll provide up to 500 words (a good-sized website's worth) of Web copy absolutely free -- all I'll need in return is your testimonial to publish to my own site.

I'll be available to take on for-hire work for anymer after that. I'll let you know here when that's ready.

If you'd like me to help you out, PM me with the subject "Copywriting needed" and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thanks, and I look forward to working with you

I am interested in going pro some day. I know very little about the legal side of running a business or a website or finding clients or any of that stuff. Not sure if you are still offering help because this is an older thread, but I would love some advice and thoughts on the subject
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Hey MerFanc! Really sorry for getting back late. I'm afraid I've no knowledge of the legal side of things -- my focus isn't on what to write, but how.

As for setting up a website, it's easily done via a host for your domain name, then installing a content management system like WordPress. Lots of instructions available, especially on YouTube

Finding clients is trickier, and fortunately you won't need a website for that. I suggest starting small and focusing on picking and pitching to your first 2-3 clients, to see if it's for you.

For specifics, Raina's books, site and YT channel are great. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000