Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Tattoo's?

Ooooh! Amythyst! What an idea!

But what would they be "made" from? Sea plant dyes? Octopus ink? with trained swordfish with whittled down noses? Oh, the story possibilities!
    Last edited by Mermaid Photine; 03-21-2012 at 06:50 PM. Reason: spelling error.

lol! Wow your really creative @MermaidPandorah!! Those are good questions!! lol

Aww, thanks, Gem Stone!

I think this technically still is on topic, but ignore me if it isn't:

What do you all think that a mermaid's tatoos would look like?
    I could see big typhoon scenes on the mermaid in a single colour with a sketchy style reminiscent of barnacles.

Senior Member Pod of Texas taom's Avatar
    When I think of a mermaid having a tattoo, I picture Samoan tribal art or something like that.

Oh wow! I lovee that first one, so pretty.

hehe now I want something like that. I do plan on getting a tattoo though, but I will make sure it completely un visible in normal clothing
    There lays a lovely maiden combing her long hair

Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Quote Originally Posted by MermaidAubrin View Post
    Oh wow! I lovee that first one, so pretty.

hehe now I want something like that. I do plan on getting a tattoo though, but I will make sure it completely un visible in normal clothing
    I like the first one as well. I think the scales would look better if they were small, but its a minor thing.

Mermaasi, what do you have tattooed on your fingers?

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    I have eight tattoos- but only two show when I am in my tail; a celtic heart knot on my right shoulder and moon and stars on the back of my neck. I guess the neck one doesn't really show, due to all the hair, but anyway....
    I also have a blue and purple sun on my lower back with chinese kanji that says "dreamer" above that, another chinese symbol that means "strange" on my left ankle, a fairy and an orchid on my belly/left hip, and a large leg band on my upper right calf just below the knee- it's some tribal stuff and a medallion of a girl and a dolphin. Eventually I'll be getting a tummy tuck, so the orchid and fairy will be gone- I plan on moving them to my back, but I am going to redesign the fairy so she's a mermaid. after that, I'm going to have some mod work done on my calf band, all of my tats touched up, and something done to kinda tie em all together. It'll be a big back mural. If anyone asks me why a mermaid would be so inked up, my answer will be simple- I'm a mermaid! I'm around sailors, silly! :P

I have two tattoos as of now and one coming very, very soon: a tree with tangled roots growing out of a pool of water covering one entire calf, a tiny cat inside my elbow, and a star on my ankle. But I'm planning to get a design of scales up my bare calf either next fall or next spring: it's my first multi-colored tattoo, so I have to finish saving for my tail project first! XD But the tail I'm designing for myself right now actually has a "tattoo" on it that I'm very excited about.

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod Mermaid Dottie's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Dottie On Twitter Add Mermaid Dottie on Facebook Add Mermaid Dottie on Google+
    Visit Mermaid Dottie's Youtube Channel
    I've thought about "Tattooing" my tail, but for personal reasons I won't ever get my body permanently inked.
    Henna, now... That's another matter.
    Mermaid Dottie
    ATTENTION: Please use extreme caution when feeding the mermaid. Failure to do so could result in loss of digits.

I'm linking this from my phone so idk if it'll work, but:

http://www.lolhome.com/img_big/funny...9979524905.jpg

We really should mmake this site mobile device friendly.

^Gah! That took me a second to see it as a tattoo.
    so awesome...

Name:  tattoose.jpg
Views: 548
Size:  935.3 KB My tattoos sorry they arent very clear... cell phone self taken pics ftl

Wow mermaasai those are some seriously awesome tatts! I have a small butterfly on my lower front under my bikini line and I just recently got a four inch seahorse on my lower back! Love it! I will be getting another one this month... I'm thinking of a manta ray or a couple colorful reef fish...

I'm planning to get a few tattoos, but none of them mer related. I'm planning to get a religion related one (i grew up very religious) and an ED Recovery tattoo.

Amethyst, I love that picture of Ariel!

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    It's not finished yet (hopefully soon haha) but I wanted to share my mermaid tattoo
    Attached Images Attached Images  

oOoOoO ballink ^.^ Sleeves FTW

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Mermaasai, those are some awesome tattoos. What order did you get them in? When did you decide that you were going to get tattooed over most of your body?

Quote Originally Posted by malinghi View Post
    Mermaasai, those are some awesome tattoos. What order did you get them in? When did you decide that you were going to get tattooed over most of your body?
    Thank you!

My first tattoo was a smiling cheshire cat on my inner wrist.. Personally I would have gone bigger but tattoo artists generally require a bit more ink before agreeing to large pieces. Unfortunately...
    Next was the wings across my arms and shoulders. They are based on weaver bird wings (african weaver birds were a big part of my life as a small child)
    Then came my lower back dragonfly based wings.
    Then the right wrist/arm that says Dia Do'ahm Nar Lagai "May god not weaken your hand" with a musically based strip in the center.
    Then my large back crest with the lion, birds, lamb, roses, nautical star, skull, and thorns. Lion for africa, lamb for the cattle based maasai, nautical star for my extensive world travels, skull for the death and destruction that plagues africa/the world, roses for the beauty and thorns for the cost of it all.
    Then my chest, mainly as an extension of my shoulders and back wings.
    Fingers came next "Live Free" (for obvious reasons but there are some deep roots for it stemming from the persecution and tribalism in africa as a whole) and below that "Ride Hard" For my passion for motorcycling. I've been riding since I was 5.
    Then my long leg piece. Also an extension. (tail feathers if you may lol)
    And finally my black mamba on my left arm. The mamba was a tribute piece for a man that had a huge impact on my life. He died right around the time I got the tattoo done. Its a redemption piece. Long story.

And I think thats it ^.^
    I am still going to get a weaver bird on my right hand/wrist that matches the mamba, and a purely maasai inspired piece on my ankle. My hubby is still fighting to keep my legs fairly clean but we shall see o.O

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    I was hopping if there were any artistic mers outhere that would be willing to do a sketch for me. My mom wants to get a mermaid on her calf, but she can't find any pics of what she wants. She wants the mermadi to be on her stomach, with her tail up in the air behind her.
    something like this >She wants the mermaid to be in the water so the hair would be more flowey and the tail longer. She waants the mermaid to be reading a book
    the fluke she wants to look this>
    she really likes the curve-ey type

anything that anyone can provide would be wonderful! (if you do just scan the sketch and upload here please)
    thank you!
    Tenacity.

I forgot to answer why I decided to get so much ink..
    The tribe I grew up with often covered their bodies in scars, paint, intricate beading patterns and other adornments. I always found their expressions beautiful and wanted to emulate it even as a child. When I grew older I discovered tattoos and a whole new way to do things opened up. Maasai get keloids when they scar but I don't. So tats were the natural choice to decorate my skin. I've known since I was very young what I wanted to decorate my body with.
    I like to say... a true tattoo artist doesn't put ink into your skin, all they do is scrape away the skin to uncover the beauty that is already there.
    Last edited by Mermaasai; 04-15-2012 at 01:59 PM.