Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Tattoo's?

I've never given blood either. Actually, the second my mother found out that I'd gotten a tattoo she dragged me to the hospital and insisted that I get checked for hepititus and a dozen STD's, so I had to have quite a bit of blood taken. Then there were problems with the samples, so I had to give more, then the tests go messed up so I had to go in AGAIN. My inner elbow was the color of a plum. TT.TT I just can't give blood after that, needles getting stuck in my forearm just freaks me out.

I'm so excited for my scale tattoo!! I won't be able to get it till probably fall, but I'm psyched none the less.

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    How would it look? ^^
    Tenacity.

^^that sucks I hate needles I bet the tattoo's pretty
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    My heart is pierced by Cupid, I disdain all glittering gold,
    There is nothing that can console me but my jolly sailor bold.
    ~ETSY: Trove by the Sea~Google +~FACEBOOK~
    mermaidmarissa.studios@gmail.com

"Imagine a life of wonder"

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid Rillia's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Rillia on Facebook
    i want a scale tattoo. I just dont know how it would look or where i would get it.
    User formerly known as "Mermaid Brooke".

Mermaid Rillia

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Miel's Avatar

Visit Mermaid Miel's Youtube Channel
    I'm weird in that I am the complete opposite... I can donate Blood, no needle-fear whatsoever, but I will Never get a permanent Tatt.
    It's part religious reasons, part personal preference... I've seen tattooed grandpas at Mum's work as a kid and I'm too flighty too settle on one design without changing my mind a million times. So, no permanent Tatts.

I Adore Temporary Tatts though, and was Just wowing over this rather naughty mermaid set and wondering if it would slide off in a chlorine pool.
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....m=370608633227

Senior Member Rocky Mountain Pod
    Name:  564186_438593006152332_100000049105318_1616049_1291516080_n.jpg
Views: 799
Size:  21.8 KB

She's almost completely done! I'm so excited some scales, her lips and eyes will get done next time. The hand's a little rough lol

Lookin' good!!

i have a tattoo, i just got it a week ago, exactly. its a celtic infinity knot.
    its on my left hip, and i absolutely love it
    im going to try and post a picture of it... i took one when i first got home after getting it done.
    Name:  Snapshot_20120523_1.JPG
Views: 811
Size:  60.0 KB
    hopefully that works... sorry if its super big. >.>

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    I cant wait to get my tats. But due to me being under age and my parents not approving of them Im waiting until I can support myself and move out before I get them. I want a small seahorse on my right hip and my mothers family crest, my step dads family crest and maybe my biological fathers family crest, maybe between my shoulder blades.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    I got this one two years ago. A weedy seadragon on my right upper chest to symbolize fatherhood:

Last year I got a pacific giant octopus on my left arm, to symbolize motherhood:

This year, I am considering a patch of sargassum seaweed on my back. In the weed, seven sea critters will be hiding. One for each of my kids.

nice ink! (and your avatar picture is FREAKING adorable..)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I didnt think that puzzle piece on the foot tat had never been seen before. I was looking for tattoo ideas and I found the original

gives me hope because I'd like to have orange scales someday, no idea what design or where I'd put them yet... but it seems like it shows up well

this one is neat but a little gory for my taste

I want to get something on my leg but I am not sure. I know first I have to get my phoenix then I want to get something with water

We had a girl come into the shop that wanted from her hips down fully tatted in scales and color to look like a mermaid tail. Another artist and myself teamed up to draw this monster sized design and were going to set up a sttion running both traditonal machines and neumas and tag team the task. I was sad when she never went through with it.
    Personally, I have roughly 100 hours or so of work on my skin, and I'm not done yet. (http://www/facebook.com/catz.tatz) And my 3rd tattoo ever was a mermaid covering the right side of my stomach-which i later started adding a beach sunset scene behind her with intentions of addig the underwater showing under the water line. I've also drawn another mermaid I was planning on putting on the front of my right thigh in said underwater area (but the location of that is kind of to show their work versus mine. lol) I know typically mermaids don't have tattoos...and I've never seen a professional mermaid or model sporting slinged ink, but just as I am a mermai and don't care if people think that's a childish dream...I am a tattooed and sleeved woman and I don't give a damn what people think about it....so just like alternative modeling, I'm an alternative mermaid. And if kids ask, I'll tell them on the fll moons I can grow legs and come on shore to visit my artists. hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Brooke View Post
    i want a scale tattoo. I just dont know how it would look or where i would get it.
    I have been considering the same thing. Even my mom said that i should get some scales tattoo=ed around my waist line where the top of my tail started. I mentioned to her that I may have differend colored tails on at different times and didn't want a blue scale tattoo belt with a purple or green tail on. Then she gave me this idea. Get the tattoo of scales done in just black and when I have a photoshoot or a job to do, use jelly and eyeshadow and literally paint each of the scales....

it seems like a lot of work to do but that way you have different color scales to match what ever tail you'd be wearing

I have three tattoos. Once I got over my needle fear, it's like an addiction. I've had the three done within a year, with plans for many more. So far I have a small flower on my foot, a triquetra/celtic knot on my hand, and a couple of weeks ago I just had a mermaid done on my calf. She's an art nouveau style mermaid, with lots of fins. So far she's just outlined, I have to have her colored in, but she looks beautiful!
    Visit me on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/mermaidsofthegreatsaltlake

And check out my memoir of mermaid adventures and mishaps!
    http://memoirsofmermaidleiloni.blogspot.com/

Just keep swimming!

Just got one
    Name:  IMG_1488.JPG
Views: 725
Size:  103.8 KB
    Obviously it's not done yet.
    Had to dislocate my shoulders to get a good pic xD
    He's missing a leg, his spots, his color, and there are a few things that need to be touched up in the outline. hair strands aren't skinny enough, eye isn't big enough, the lining in the ear is missing, etc. I'll post another picture when I get it finished.

Beautiful piece by artist: Rich Ives, Steel City Tattoo, Colorado. Photography by: Richard Todd

~ Facebook ~ Youtube ~ Model Mayhem

Need a logo? Website? Business Card? Or anything else?
    "You are anything but ordinary, why look it?" E-mail or message me.

Hidden Pools of the Rocky Mountains (Colorado Springs, CO)
    www.facebook.com/tattooedmermaids <----- share your tattooed mernaid pics

I think the first picture that Amethyst posted is really beautiful...and I love the quote about beauty, as well!