Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Tattoo's?

Just saw these other added pics by members...truly stunning!

Jan

I found some really awesome ones using pinterest...

^This one is based off manta ray gills that the girl got on either side of her head behind her ears. Great idea!

^These 2 are water color tattoos

^I always wanted a starfish tattoo but one that looks more like it's laying attached to my body

^I'm definitely getting this one in the future!!

And then this last one I found on tumblr. Some guy wanted some "Ariel" inspired scales on his calf.

My stepfather was a very well known tattoo artist in the 80's...he was considered one of the greats when it came to amazing color. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 12, so I never had the oporotunity to have him give me a tattoo. I actually didn' t get my first tat until I was 30, because it almost felt like cheating my dad out of it somehow...weird, I know. Anyway, at 30 I was finally ready...and after looking through my fathers sketchbooks and flash ideas I decided on a chest piece of birds..representing freedom and faithfullness. Since then I have had a heart on my inner forearm, and am working ona 3/4 sleeve of flowers, with underlying pastel mermaid scales. I also have a cherry tree in full bloom on my outer lt calf for my grandfather. Below you can see my chest tat
    Name:  165822_4249791889432_1774897841_n.jpg
Views: 1374
Size:  81.0 KB

wow...sorry that is so large, took it straight from FB and its awhole lot bigger than expected.

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    After five and a half hours, still very much a work in progress:

(Formerly known as Ζolius)

Nooooiiiiccce!!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Elle's Avatar
    Follow Elle On Twitter
    Visit Elle's Youtube Channel
    I have the chinese character for 'dragon' on my lower back, a 'tribal' heart on my shoulder blade and a red star on each hip.

This is my fiance's tattoo that I drew up for him that I got him for his 24th Birthday
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod MerAnthony's Avatar
    Add MerAnthony on Facebook
    I wold like to get something like this with my childrens names somewhere in the tail.Name:  Mermaid Tattoo Pattern38.jpg
Views: 8904
Size:  48.0 KB

Senior Member Pod of Texas Dacora's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Photine View Post
    Ooooh! Amythyst! What an idea!

But what would they be "made" from? Sea plant dyes? Octopus ink? with trained swordfish with whittled down noses? Oh, the story possibilities!
    I have been thinking of getting an octopus on my hand wrapping around my fingers. My story would be that I saved a octopus from a fishing net and he used his ink to draw it on me as a thank you. XD

Senior Member Pod of the Great Lakes Bellasea's Avatar
    That's cute^^
    Tenacity.

i wanted a small pink conch shell hiding behind my ear. looks so classy!

Re: Mermaid Tattoo's?

[QUOTE=Amethyst;16551]I was just wondering what people's views were on tattoos Do you all have mermaid or mermaid inspired tatts?? I have one tattoo but it's a celtic sister knot, I was thinking of a mermaid one for the future. Anyone wanna show their ink??

I think this is kinda pretty
    Attachment 2042

Thanks for showing off my tat Amethyst Hehe
    I love it and hopefully, when I get some more spending money, I can continue more of it down my thigh and a little on my calf. ^_^
    Love everyones ideas! Especially the seahorse tats!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    ~`*Fresh Water Mermaid*`~
    Mermaid Yvette
    Facebook § youtube § DeviantArt

I loooove the first tat and I am hoping to get some scales on my leg, i think it would look awesome!
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    "The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea."
    •○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•
    ○•○•○•○•

-Vladimir Nabokov

I had another session for my sleeve, on Thursday.

I added an anemone, sea turtle, nudibranch, amphipod, filefish, and juvenile dolphinfish to the critters we started on my first session; the sargassumfish, crab, pipefish, shrimp, seahorse, gooseneck barnacles, and juvenile jack fish.

Senior Member Pod of The South
    I have three: a lioness on my shoulder, angel wings on my lower back (really closer to being on my bum), and I just got a wrist tattoo that says "breathe in, breathe out, move on," which is my favorite Jimmy Buffet song and has personal meaning.

I'm planning on getting nearly a full back piece done, which will cover up my lioness. I do like what it means to me, but I got it done when I was 18 and it's not done very well. I also have to get my wrist tat fixed; the artist did fantastically on my boyfriend's and friend's text ink, but for some reason sucked at mine.

My back piece is going to be an ocean scene, including a pirate ship and three mermaids. I'm really excited about it, I just have to save up the money. I should be able to get it at least started later this year.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mermaid Tattoo's?

I'm not a big fan of the idea of tattoos my grandad had a naval tattoo of two swallows........ Well they were swallows to begin with then they were hanging instead of flying! Lol

Coming from a theatre background, it's a bit of a no no to get a tattoo as it does limit your cast-ability, parts and jobs you can be considered for. for example we will rock you is wary of casting people with tattoos (they might not match the show! Lol and even if they do you have to be able to play multi roles and casting directors don't like that)
    Travelling Merman

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Traveling Merman's Avatar

Mermaid Tattoo's?

Just realised after reading my post back that it comes across that I don't like tattoos........ Well it couldn't be further from the truth, just It wouldn't make sense for me to have one because of my job and also my fear of the scariest thing in the world; thin sharp shiny metal pokey things!
    Travelling Merman

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Kelda's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Kelda on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Kelda's Youtube Channel
    I'm a fan of simple, demure tattoos. Large, colourful ones can be beautiful if done right, but they're not my style (and can often look like a colourful mess - the fewer colours, the better, in my opinion).
    I've got a small Swedish/Norwegian mythical forest creature on the back of my neck, but I'd like something nautical too - maybe a monochrome kraken? Tattoos are always so hard to decide on! xD And there's only a few places you can put tattoos on your body that look good and also aren't super visible.

This is mine, of my own hand drawn design. It's not finished of course but it has a ton of meaning to me.

Beautiful!

Mine have meaning, as well. My weedy seadragon (chest) symbolized fatherhood, my giant pacific octopus symbolizes motherhood, and my sargassum sleeve is there for my children. My next will be a two-headed dragon moray, an amphisbaena, symbolizing the union of marriage. It will be placed between the octopus and seadragon.