Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Tattoo's?

I appreciate tattoos much more when they symbolize something. I saw yours in the thread, they are great! I love that the sleeve is realistic looking rather then the cartoony kind I've seen popping up recently. I've always thought it was odd that the tattoo design I felt meant the most to me had nothing to do with the ocean haha... I plan on getting a few more eventually though since that seems to be the sailor trend.

I am getting my mermaid tattoo finished within the next few months and cannot wait to post pictures of it!

I have tattoos but not mermaid related, however I was just thinking yesterday about the next mermaid costume I do and how I want it to be an original as opposed to a cosplay, but I just recently cut ALL my hair off, and I was trying to envision a mermaid that was also kinda punky, and I should ttly tattoo my tail! Great idea! Also where did you find that punk Ariel art? It's fantastic!
    User formerly known as "Tarapotamus".

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    My most recent is of my scales. It's much like the first one only my scales fade rather than just disappear. Also the colors match my tail.
    Name:  facebook_18367309345.jpg
Views: 654
Size:  18.1 KB
    This is also on my hip not my ribs as it has been mistaken for..I was trying to be modest haha

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

gorgeous tattoo!! Yes it does look like its on your ribs bc of the positioning of the pic. I want scales on my thighs too! Who knows when that will happen though XD
    User formerly known as "Tarapotamus".

Senior Member Pod of The South MermaidHyli's Avatar
    Add MermaidHyli on Facebook
    Mine cost about 300 and took 3 hrs but totally worth it!

I wish I was away in Ingo
    Far away across the briny sea
    Sailing over deepest waters
    Where love nor care never trouble me

Name:  dolphins.jpg
Views: 673
Size:  123.7 KB

This is what i want on my lower back. incomplete, still in the works, but thats roughly what i want.

i also want a sigil of archangel michael for protection and because i have a deep connection with him, and lettering at the bottom their either says 'nemo sailing home' representing my dad when he was a boat person and he was sailing his way over here, or 'the oceanborn' representing new life in a new world...again also representing my dad and how he sailed across the ocean and had me

except i dont know how to incorporate them ;_;

I'm turning 25 at the end of the year, and I've been thinking about getting a tattoo for a few years now, so I've decided if by the end of the year I still want it I'll get it as a 'quarter-of-a-century-old' celebration! haha!

I had a dream last night of getting a mermaid tat XD lol haha

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    I am over weight. So my plan and agreement with my hubby is that if I can loose about 80 pounds, then I can get my full leg tattoos. I want something like http://piercingbible.com/sites/all/f...ail%20copy.jpg this.
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    If I had the guts, I would SO get that tattoo!

Senior Member Chesapeake Pod Merman Dan's Avatar
    In a few hours I head back to Golden Spiral Tattoos for the fourth session on my sleeve. Since this design represents my children, with loads of critters hiding in the sargassum, I decided to add a little something for my inner child:

(Formerly known as Æolius)

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Mermaid Tula's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Tula On Twitter Add Mermaid Tula on Facebook
    Follow Mermaid Tula on Tumblr
    How pretty Aeolius!
    Hi! I'm Sam, aka Mermaid Tula, aka Comatose Angel.
    Hey everyone. I just opened my store on Facebook.
    http://www.facebook.com/tulastidepool

Mermaid Tula's Facebook Page

User previously know as "Comatose_Angel"

You carry wonderful pieces of art on your body ae

Late to the party, but here is a (not too great) photo of my tattoo. It's on my thigh. I'm thinking about another pinup (a mermaid this time) either on the other leg or as an upper arm piece in the far future. I am totally in love with it and it means a lot to me!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Sirena View Post
    My understanding is that you can 'tattoo' silicone so perhaps if you purchased a pure silicone tail from Mike, Raven or Eric you could then take it to an artist or a school and have them actually tattoo your tail.
    That would be sooooo awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by taom View Post
    When I think of a mermaid having a tattoo, I picture Samoan tribal art or something like that.
    I agree. Maybe with flairs of whatever land culture that pod is nearest.

Quote Originally Posted by Merrow Fair Isle View Post
    My stepfather was a very well known tattoo artist in the 80's...he was considered one of the greats when it came to amazing color. Unfortunately he passed away when I was 12, so I never had the oporotunity to have him give me a tattoo. I actually didn' t get my first tat until I was 30, because it almost felt like cheating my dad out of it somehow...weird, I know. Anyway, at 30 I was finally ready...and after looking through my fathers sketchbooks and flash ideas I decided on a chest piece of birds..representing freedom and faithfullness. Since then I have had a heart on my inner forearm, and am working ona 3/4 sleeve of flowers, with underlying pastel mermaid scales. I also have a cherry tree in full bloom on my outer lt calf for my grandfather. Below you can see my chest tat
    Attachment 7789

You are just too cute <3 and those tattoos are an awesome design =)

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Late to the party, but here is a (not too great) photo of my tattoo. It's on my thigh. I'm thinking about another pinup (a mermaid this time) either on the other leg or as an upper arm piece in the far future. I am totally in love with it and it means a lot to me!

I vote for other leg! This tattoo is amazingly well done 0.0 Who did it? (not that it's going to be anywhere near me ;D)
    User previously known as "Kat Arnold".

- Mermaid Lilium Fanpage -
    - Photography Fanpage -

Thank you, Mermaid Lilium! This was done by Brett J. Barr of Built 4 Speed Tattoos in Orlando, Florida. A few thousand miles from the UK, but if you ever want his work while on a trip to Orlando, then maybe it would happen haha!

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Romy's Avatar
    Follow Mermaid Romy On Twitter
    Follow Mermaid Romy on Tumblr Visit Mermaid Romy's Youtube Channel
    How many mers out there [who perform/do parties/that kind of stuff] have visible tattoos? I'm curious to if it affects you work or anything...