Thread: I need help

I need help

My tail has multiple holes and i can't sew its again it not even a two months I crying tears. What to do before my gigs

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLilac View Post
    My tail has multiple holes and i can't sew its again it not even a two months I crying tears. What to do before my gigs

Mermaid Lilac<3
    Hi Lilac, I know it sucks but tails can and do tear I'm not a performer and not fully sure of your situation, but in such a case I'd get a fabric tail for backup.

If you're short of time, try and get express shipping.

All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Thank for the tips. But I don't have a lot money right. Now

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLilac View Post
    Thank for the tips. But I don't have a lot money right. Now

Mermaid Lilac<3
    I know the feeling. Maybe see if you can raise it somehow, like odd jobs or some kind of freelance work? You could try borrowing from friends and family, but that's a last resort.

It boils down to how much time you have before your next gig -- hopefully it's enough time to repair or backup your tail, depending on which you decide to do.

If you're willing to share more, like the extent of the damage and how long you've got, the others might be able to help. The more specific, the better.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Okay

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    What if you see if there is someone in your area who could loan you a tail, be it fabric or silicone.
    Is your tail a fabric or silicone? Maybe put some pictures up so others get some more information about what needs repairing.
    I hope you find a solution!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

There so many through my tail

Mermaid Lilac<3
    <3 Mermaid Lilac <3

Is it one of those finfolk knockoffs? If so there isn't much you can do because they're made out of shoddy material anyway so it'll continue to deteriorate quickly as it wasn't made to last. The best you can do right now is darn up the holes by hand.

I think there might be some sort of poxy patches you can use to fix up those holes. Like Mermaid Momo said, there's not much you can do, especially if it's a knockoff tail of a legitimate tailmaker like Finfolk or Mertailor.

Merman Caspian

Senior Member Pod of Oceania moomer's Avatar
    Sadly, I have to agree.
    Those small holes will be a pain to fix, but it would be possible with the right thread (try nylon) and a synthetic fabric patch.
    You could weave them into a story. for example, you were caught in a fishing net, a join snagged you... it helps to begin the conservation discussion

But it would only be a short term fix. If it's a fabric tail, you might be looking for a replacement soon.

In the meantime, try darning the holes as suggested.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk