Thread: MONOFINS FOR BIG FEET??!!

MONOFINS FOR BIG FEET??!!

i love mermaiding. but it seems that this one thing about mermaiding that really hates me.......MONOFINS. there always available in small and medium sizes but in large....... depends on where your buying a monofin. i currently own a fin fun pro monofin which has been working fine for me. but i want a mahina and i emailed them asking if they made monofins my size(13 in mens) and they said they didnt. then when i thought my hopes were dashed magictail made ther pro fin thats shaped EXACTLY like mahina. and i was like gr8 then i checked online and they were OUT OF STOCK. does anyone else feel my struggle and if anyone can help find monofins in my size PLEASE send me a message or replay to this thread

-Cyan

The struggle is real. I'm a size 11 (womens mind you) but I still feel your pain. The Luna is the first monofin I've had that has fit my feet comfortably. Now it's a snug fit, so I wouldn't recommend it for you, but I do wish that companies would take larger feet into consideration with future products. I wish you luck on your search!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I have the same issue. Its like monofin makers think everyone is a small woman. One issue is I could get fins with a long enough foot pocket, but not wide enough. My feet get crushed painfully.
    After spending $200 on a monofin I could not use, I decided to take out the big hammer and squish the problem. That is, spend sufficient money to get something I would be absolutely sure would fit me.
    What I got was a Lunocet. The Lunocet does not come with foot pockets. You attach bicycling shoes to it. As you get those at a sports store, you can try them on before you buy. In that way, you are sure they will fit.
    Also, the Lunocet is a nice monofin and is very fast.

The other solution I found was to buy bi-fins, cut off the fin part and attach the foot pockets to a sheet of polypropylene. Bi-fins come is a wider range of sizes. In addition, you get to cut the polypropylene into whatever tail shape you want.
    Last edited by Merman Storm; 12-19-2017 at 03:06 PM.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Member Chesapeake Pod
    Add Mermaid hannahML on Facebook
    I'm a women's 10.5-11 and it just barely fits me and it still is really small and really hurts the tops of my feet I've been stench ing out the foot pockets but in the end I think I'll still have to cut it,
    my buddy with size 13 in men's could barely stick half his foot in one side
    ​hannah lover