Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaiding with Chronic Illness

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    yeah I struggle with cardio too, hurts my neck where I have my pulse which I know is weird haha! I do weight lifting!
    Me too!! Ill stop and put my fingers there and I swear it’s like a vein is gonna blow or something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’s nice yet sad to know I’m not the only one with these ailments

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I too have heart problems on top of asthma. There were a few years there where my meds canceled each other out, so if i wanted to exercise i had to choose whether i wanted working lungs or a working heart. I practically slept though my junior year of highschool and still get sick super easily cause my body is just overworked. I got very lucky in that my family has a history so my doctor immediately knew what was going on. I don’t tell people often cause it feels so strange to just be like “yeah my body does not work correctly but you would never know”. Honestly you are such an inspiration to me Raina, and everyone on this thread.

Also had open heart surgery 3 times knee surgeries 4 times I had a metal vowel

Sent from My Shell Phone

Mermaid * Auquita

It's a relief to hear that it's not just me with these medical issues. I am dealing with Stage 4 cancer (chronic but no longer terminal) on top of a bunch of hereditary autoimmune issues. I don't get a whole lot of fun out of life because my immune system hates me.

I can't even swim any more since I seem to be allergic to the standard pool chemical cocktail. I am a permanently beached mermaid.

Dear Raina
    I have a Heart Defect a very rare one De George Syndrome also Fibromyalgia on top of Chronic Pain sorta like you I have so much pain sometimes so badly I can’t sleep

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app
    Sent from My Shell Phone Mermaid Auquita

Senior Member North Pacific Pod
    I just want to send love to all you fellow sufferers <3 hang in there <3
    -Siren Gita
    Blue ocean "siren"
    -rulesNazi

User formerly known as derBears