Thread: Anyone interested in mer-themed bath products?

Anyone interested in mer-themed bath products?

So here’s the thing: I LOVE making bath bombs. I’ve created my own recipes that are super cool and fun. Only problem is, one person can only take so many baths. I’ve considered starting an Etsy shop that sells mer-themed bath bombs, like blue ones that make your bath look like the Caribbean and ones with tropical scents. I’m currently in the process of perfecting a “sea foam” bath bomb that makes your water light blue and leaves a thin layer of white, soapy foam at the top that looks just like sea foam. (At least, that’s the idea. At this stage, the foam looks a little blue whenever I test it, but I’m trying to fix that.) Maybe, if people like them, I could get some fancy molds to make them in shapes like starfish or shells.
    Anyway, that’s the idea. Would you guys be interested in that? What kind of bath bombs would you like to see?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Agent Dragon; 01-03-2018 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Fixed typo

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    yes.

Absolutely!

Twilight darkens, yet there in the shade,
    Lies a glimmering shadow, the wild mermaid;

As night draws ever closer, there's a choice to be made--
    Will you stay as you are, or be delivered to the waves?

Laumina the Storm Siren

Instagram: mermaidwhisperofficial | Facebook: Mermaid Whisper | YouTube: Mermaid Whisper

Welcome back, Dragon! They'll make amazing gifts too, I'm sure
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Interest here! :>

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Definately! (Funny, I was just thinking about how a mermaid-themed bath shop would do.)

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I'd be curious too! Been working on developing my own recipes, but there's a vid I saw that may help with your foam issue.

The lady used gel food coloring, and only put the color in the very center. It leaves the whole bomb white, but then tints the water - that might allow you to create that foamy look without too much tint. Could just do the same with a small batch of plain bath bomb mix heavily saturated with color, and pack it in the middle of the mix with the foam element in it, or even marble it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocoree View Post
    I'd be curious too! Been working on developing my own recipes, but there's a vid I saw that may help with your foam issue.

The lady used gel food coloring, and only put the color in the very center. It leaves the whole bomb white, but then tints the water - that might allow you to create that foamy look without too much tint. Could just do the same with a small batch of plain bath bomb mix heavily saturated with color, and pack it in the middle of the mix with the foam element in it, or even marble it.
    Thanks for the tip! That’s more of less what I’ve been trying to do, but I use different colorants because I’ve discovered that food coloring sometimes sticks to the tub.

Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I think these gels are specifically for soaps, so they wouldn't stain tubs. I had a brief brain far when I said food gel because I work at a store that cells gel icing colors XP

I would definitely be interested! Funny enough, I've thought about doing something involving mermaid themed sugar scrubs xD If you have a link to a shop I'd love to know it as I need more bath bombs in my life!
    Formerly known as MermaidSasha

Bath bombs are the best! I would definitely be interested.

"One person can only take so many baths" that is a lie lolol id love to purchase some when I move to a new place this year, where I stay now only has a shower but I have fond memories of taking many many recreational baths whilst reading. used to be a sort of "me-time" thing. A pina colada type scent would be wonderful

These look so good, now I feel like something sweet