Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mermaid Creations Tail Experience!

I like the shiny/slimy. It looks more real that way.
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Senior Member Pod of The South
    Quote Originally Posted by Spindrift View Post
    I like the shiny/slimy. It looks more real that way.
    That's my feeling exactly. I promise, it doesn't feel slimy at all, it's all just the look. The list of paints colors he has is what is available from the paint company he uses. however, these colors can be mixed with each other to achieve other colors - for example: Orange was not one of the colors listed, but I assume the red and yellow were combined to get that orange color.

I'll be honest, I've looked into silicone paints - ones that will actually BOND with platinum silicone, and none of the companies (and there are only a few) have a very large selection at all. I really do think most colors are simply mixed to get a nice variety of colors.

Yes, that is exactly what I did Sirenia. The list of colors at the bottom of my color page are what is available to me.

Yes, I can mix colors to get desired color. However, those colors will be painted on a white / flesh colored tail. Solid colors will be pigmented into the actual tail itself, then a light coat painted on top for gloss / slimy effect.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of The South
    You know, I got to see this tail next to one of MVD's (which was decidedly the opposite of shiny) and, despite my fangirly-ness over the MVD tail, I actually preferred the shiny to the non-shiny. It doesn't look slimy, really, it just looks wet to me (which I'd personally prefer at any photoshoot, above or below the water).

Facebook: Mermaid Moonflower 月 花
    *The user formerly known as FlowerBite*

SO MUCH LOVE!!!!

Senior Member Pod of Cali spottedcatfish's Avatar
    Follow spottedcatfish On Twitter Add spottedcatfish on Facebook Add spottedcatfish on Google+
    Follow spottedcatfish on Tumblr Visit spottedcatfish's Youtube Channel
    I love this Tail!!! I'm going to have to commission Merman Jesse one day. This tail is amazing!

They are so glossy out of water !! Wow ! I don't really like the scale pattern, but they look wonderfull ! (my favorit part of the tail is the dorsal fin ^o^)