Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The movie Splash about a mermaid

Add DolphinQueenSabrina on Facebook

The movie Splash about a mermaid

Have any of y'all mermaids or mermans seen this movie is it a really good movie I've never seen it before I might be planning on watching it tonight or trying to watch it tonight I hope it's a really good movie any suggestions on how good the movie is ?

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    You're joking, right?

I've never seen it before I'm not joking

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinQueenSabrina View Post
    Have any of y'all mermaids or mermans seen this movie is it a really good movie I've never seen it before I might be planning on watching it tonight or trying to watch it tonight I hope it's a really good movie any suggestions on how good the movie is ?

DolphinQueenMermaid
    if you like mermaid movies you'll like this one hard to say anything about it without spoiling the story lol.

Lol

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

A lot of mers in this community attribute the movie Splash as being their inspiration to become a merfolk. Many have fond memories of seeing this movie as a kid. Several merfolk also have a tail inspired by the tail from the movie.

I hadn't watched this movie as a kid and it wasn't until I joined Mernetwork and saw so many references to this movie that I knew I had to see it and I'm glad I did because it is a great movie!

Also, if you haven't seen H20 or Mako Mermaids you might want to look into that mermaid series.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

I've seen H20 and Mako but I haven't seen splash yet lol but I want too!

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

The Little Mermaid is my favorite

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Once you see Splash, I'll be the lone mer who hasn't seen it. It what makes me unique.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Look it up on Netflix Merman Slim

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Slim View Post
    Once you see Splash, I'll be the lone mer who hasn't seen it. It what makes me unique.
    I too haven't seen any of the mentioned movies except Little Mermaid and 13th Year as a kid >_>; My reasons for going mermaid are from different sources. I almost picked up Aquamarine last night... but something felt off to me holding the dvd - probably has something to do with never exactly being interested in teen romance/love triangle movies.

Not so, Slim I don't go for romance so I've never seen Splash either. Nor The Little Mermaid -- to this day, when I see the name 'Ariel' I think of Jerusalem, not Disney

Never seen any other mer film or TV show, it was always in my bones I guess. (I am, however, glad serious media mermen exist.)
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Sorry, am I the only mer who didn't like Splash?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Nah, we are in the clueless boat together. I haven't watched H2O or Mako mermaids either.

Mako Mermaids is a really good show and H20 stands for Water so it's a really good mermaid Show also aquamarine is a really good movie I loved the Movie Aquamarine and the Movie the Little mermaid is a Really good that was the first 2 movies I've Watched and then I got interested in watching all the Mermaid movies expect for Splash I've never seen that movie ever I'm still gonna make Time to see that movie and then I'll let you know if I like that movie!

DolphinQueenMermaid
    DolphinQueenSabrina

Senior Member Pod of The South Mermaid_Izzy's Avatar
    My lovely home in the mountains...(aka Southwest VA)
    Quote Originally Posted by DolphinQueenSabrina View Post
    Mako Mermaids is a really good show and H20 stands for Water so it's a really good mermaid Show also aquamarine is a really good movie I loved the Movie Aquamarine and the Movie the Little mermaid is a Really good that was the first 2 movies I've Watched and then I got interested in watching all the Mermaid movies expect for Splash I've never seen that movie ever I'm still gonna make Time to see that movie and then I'll let you know if I like that movie!

DolphinQueenMermaid
    I liked H2O: Just Add Water more than Mako Mermaids. However, I do love Aquamarine and I definitely recommend watching Splash. I liked it and it was an interesting take on a mermaid story.

I also recommend:
    The Thirteenth Year
    A Mermaid Tale (Granted I saw the ending coming from a mile away, the tails a sequined, and the special effects were pretty awful, I still enjoyed it and it had Hannah in it)

Sent from my ShellPhone using Tapatalk

Splash is the best mermaid movie honestly. It's certainly my favorite and has been since I was a kid. I'm 41 now and I still love Splash!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I actually like Splash, it has a great storyline and just the right amount of mystery around the mermaid culture. I dislike the romance bit, but I'm weird lol
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

Splash is an 80s classic and one of the best Mermaid movies around. There's a few campy films (13th Year, Mermaid Tale, etc) aimed at kids that's worth at least renting

One of my favorites...an 80's classic and a definite mermaid classic. You really have to check it out if you haven't already.