Thread: Finis EVO Monofin

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar

Finis EVO Monofin

Does anyone have the Finis Evo yet?

https://www.finisswim.com/Evo-Monofin

I was thinking about making this my next monofin. I'm really curious to try this one...
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    I saw it a while back, and was leery of how it bent the ankles for a 'trainer' like the design. It certainly looks like an interesting concept, so I'm also curious to see what someone who's worked with them thinks about the way they feel.

I saw those! They look really cool, but I've only seen one review and that was from someone who works for swimoutlet.

Senior Member Pod of The South saborigakusei's Avatar
    I actually really like the look of the footpockets in that respect. When I use dolphin kick with bi-fins or no fins, I definitely notice more motion in my ankles than with a monofin. Also of the two monofins I have, my hydra is far more comfortable and easier to use (in terms or correct technique) than my mahina, due to the space between the footpockets allowing more ankle mobility!

If I do end up getting it, I'll be sure to leave a review.
    ~Azuri the cave siren~

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of New England
    Add Ocoree on Facebook
    True, though it could all be down to personal technique - I tend to favor keeping my ankles rigid and aligned rather than as a fulcrum unless I'm turning or something. In the image though, it looks like it's forcing the ankles into a lateral bowleg position much like you would if you stood on the outer edges of your feet, which can potentially cause cramps if one isn't familiar with it.

It could be just an unfortunate moment of photography making it look that way.