Thread: Hi from Cleveland!

Hi from Cleveland!

My name is Robyn, I'm 28 (almost 29). I have loved mermaids since I was a kid, like most of you. I love mythological creatures/cryptids to death. So its only natural I have decided to get into mermaid/faerie costuming. I'm currently working on a Naiad/Water Faerie dry land costume, hoping to have it mostly done in time for Ohayocon in a couple of weeks. I'm also getting my hair dyed purple this weekend, well if the weather doesn't ruin my plans.

I have been attending various geeky conventions and renaissance festivals since 2004/2005. Though I only started wearing more elaborate garb to them starting in 2014. Every year I try to add more pieces to my outfit collection, so I can mix an match to make more outfits. Though a lot of my outfit pieces I wear year round, as my style is very faerie/witchy fashion.

Lets see what else, I run two conventions. TrotCon is going into its 7th year, its an MLP and western animation convention. Its theme this year is Under the Sea, so that is another reason I'm looking more into mermaid stuff too. The second convention is new for this year its called BuckeyePop, and its theme is Camp Cryptid (The fake magical school we made up is hosting a camp). Both cons are in Columbus, Ohio. Trot is in the summer and BuckeyePop in the Fall.

One of my life goals is to make the world a more magical place, which my conventions have done for some. And I always hope my magical looking wardrobe brings a smile to people's faces as well.

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Welcome to the MerNetwork.
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Welcome! I love mythical creatures myself, faeries included.

Welcome! I'm also from the Cleveland area! Nice to see another mer from our area. May I add ya as a friend here?

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Victoria View Post
    Welcome! I'm also from the Cleveland area! Nice to see another mer from our area. May I add ya as a friend here?
    Yea! More friends is always good.

Welcome! Can't wait to see some of your costumes!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Welcome to the MerNetwork!!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Thank you everyone! <3

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidCici View Post
    Welcome! Can't wait to see some of your costumes!
    I will def be sharing photos once its all done!