Thread: So what to charge an hour

So what to charge an hour

I live in small town a Granby Missouri not many people... My tail I’m getting from FinFolk Fabric Tail. The Island Iris in a year or two I hope to own my own silicone tail. But what do you guys charge if your at a wet event and dry event? I’m thinking $15.00 an hour and my other friend wants to do this with me too so if they ask for 2 mermaids should I charge both $15.00 an hour for both of us because I can’t drive because of my heart condition. So she will need gas money and help me around with the stuff thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    $15 an hour?!? WAY undercharging.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    $15 an hour?!? WAY undercharging.
    My tail costs $335 my hometown people don’t have a lot of money in bigger cities like u guys do

Senior Member Pod of Texas Sherielle's Avatar
    For any actor/performer type, that is seriously undercharging, no matter the area. Especially if you are swimming. I would research the local performers in your area (Princess parties, clowns, face painters) to get an idea. Where I am, I would charge AT LEAST $100/hour for one mermaid at a dry event. But that's just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherielle View Post
    For any actor/performer type, that is seriously undercharging, no matter the area. Especially if you are swimming. I would research the local performers in your area (Princess parties, clowns, face painters) to get an idea. Where I am, I would charge AT LEAST $100/hour for one mermaid at a dry event. But that's just my opinion.
    That’s the thing I’m like the only Mer in my area

Maybe as you start charge something reasonable like 50 dollars. Then if there an interest and once you get more experienced with swimmimg in it you can charge more.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Nerdmaid Faith Out
    YouTube
    |Instagram|Twitter|Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by faithonthebass View Post
    Maybe as you start charge something reasonable like 50 dollars. Then if there an interest and once you get more experienced with swimmimg in it you can charge more.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Thanks Faith

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    I don't charge per hour, I charge per package which is standard in services like this. My packages start at $225 and go up to $1000+ for standard bookings, and can be as high as $5000 if it's a larger contract for multiple shows and multiple mers.

Find out what mers in your area charge, and try to charge around the same

From what you describe, I would Charge 150$ for a 1 hour swim. I think that's a good price for someone who is starting out. it'll help you cover your costs while you get your name out there.

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    From what you describe, I would Charge 150$ for a 1 hour swim. I think that's a good price for someone who is starting out. it'll help you cover your costs while you get your name out there.
    I’m just trying to figure out what cost people That might do $50.00 for a dry scene because a lot of people in our area don’t have swimming pools

I charge the same for dry or wet. if it's dry, I just do different things. I bring find for kids to try on for pictures, (can get a cheap one online!) I give out postcards, pose for photos, and talk about ocean creatures. I actually find dry gigs more work than wet.

We do the tallships festival, it's one of our very expensive contracts. We do 3, two hour shifts (6 hours total) for 3 days. Each shift has two mermaids. that's way more work for me than anything I do in a pool. lol

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I use packages like Rania suggested.
    Is it possible to do a town-wide survey to get an idea of what people would be willing to spend? That way you have a better understanding of your area and can price around that without under charging.
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    I charge the same for dry or wet. if it's dry, I just do different things. I bring find for kids to try on for pictures, (can get a cheap one online!) I give out postcards, pose for photos, and talk about ocean creatures. I actually find dry gigs more work than wet.

We do the tallships festival, it's one of our very expensive contracts. We do 3, two hour shifts (6 hours total) for 3 days. Each shift has two mermaids. that's way more work for me than anything I do in a pool. lol
    Thanks Raina by the way I got my dad to by your second book

Sent from My Shell Phone

Mermaid * Auquita