Thread: Tybee Island Mermaid Festival 2018

Tybee Island Mermaid Festival 2018

I have fintastic news! The Savannah Pride Organization (Savannah, Georgia) reached out to me because they're planning a mermaid festival on Tybee Island. I will already be going as a mermaid for their event but I mentioned other mermaids might be interested in coming too.

Would anyone else like to join me and hang out on Tybee Island as the event mermaids?

You will be promoted by Savannah Pride and are allowed to advertise yourself at the event. (bringing a sign with your information, handing out business cards, etc.)

The event will take place Saturday, March 24th on Tybee Island, GA at the pier. (time has yet to be determined) They did confirm that they will provide a tent and I have a decent amount of mermaid decorations to decorate the tent. (but anyone is welcome to bring more decorations!)

Please let me know if you would like to attend as soon as possible! They would like to start putting together advertising material and the sooner they receive confirmations, the better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Serious inquiries only! If you'd like to attend but are unsure if you will actually be able to, just make sure to mention it. I'd love to have a bunch of us there but I need a realistic number so we'll know what to expect.

If you are seriously considering coming, I've compiled a list of hotels under $200 on (or near) Tybee Island. These are hotels that I have personally seen and know they are good.

Hotels within walking distance of the festival on Tybee Island.

Hotel Tybee: $179
    It's right next to the pier and is probably the most convenient place to stay. It's got 2 pools, a restaurant, balconies for every room, free wi-fi, cable TV, microwave, and a small refrigerator. It's also right on the beach!

Sea and Breeze Hotel and Condo: $141
    This place is also super close to the pier. It's pretty cute too! It's got a pool, free wi-fi, microwave, small refrigerator, and cable TV.

Atlantis Inn:
    $122
    It's a pretty small hotel but it's also within walking distance to the pier. They've got free wi-fi, cable TV, a microwave, small refrigerator, and a free continental breakfast every morning. The rooms are also individually decorated and unique to one another. (There's also a mermaid painting on the building!)

Hotels in Downtown Historic Savannah (within easy driving distance to Tybee Island).

Best Western Plus: $188
    It's located in the East end of Downtown Historic Savannah and pretty close to River Street and the City Market. It's about a 20-minute drive to Tybee Island from the hotel. It's got a heated pool, fitness center, and free wi-fi. If you plan on staying longer than the festival and want to check out Savannah, I highly recommend this place. It's probably the cheapest hotel you can find in the downtown area.

Hotels in Midtown Savannah (within easy driving distance to Tybee Island).

Baymont Inn & Suites: $123

La Quinta Inn: $125

Best Western: $134

Hilton Garden Inn: $143
    Last edited by TybeeMermaid; 01-18-2018 at 10:50 PM.
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

A little update to this thread because I'm so excited!

- It's got official artwork now!

Name:  tybee island mermaid fest logo.png
Views: 626
Size:  39.4 KB

- So far, 5 mermaids have confirmed that they will be coming. We have a hopeful 6 waiting to find out if they can get off of work.

- An official Facebook event page has been made (and as of me typing this post right now, it has attracted the interest of over 6,000 people in the 5 days that it's been posted online!)

- An official website has been launched.

- The event has gained the attention of major local tourism websites and is now being promoted by them.

- The organizers are offering all of us professional photoshoots for free so they can get some more promotional images!
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

Quote Originally Posted by TybeeMermaid View Post
    A little update to this thread because I'm so excited!

- It's got official artwork now!

Name:  tybee island mermaid fest logo.png
Views: 626
Size:  39.4 KB

- So far, 5 mermaids have confirmed that they will be coming. We have a hopeful 6 waiting to find out if they can get off of work.

- An official Facebook event page has been made (and as of me typing this post right now, it has attracted the interest of over 6,000 people in the 5 days that it's been posted online!)

- An official website has been launched.

- The event has gained the attention of major local tourism websites and is now being promoted by them.

- The organizers are offering all of us professional photoshoots for free so they can get some more promotional images!
    Will this event be an every year thing? I will be going to Tybee in May, sadly I couldn't go this month. But if it is an every year thing I can try to go! I would love to.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    Mermaid Mikayla

Quote Originally Posted by TybeeMermaid View Post
    I have fintastic news! The Savannah Pride Organization (Savannah, Georgia) reached out to me because they're planning a mermaid festival on Tybee Island. I will already be going as a mermaid for their event but I mentioned other mermaids might be interested in coming too.

Would anyone else like to join me and hang out on Tybee Island as the event mermaids?

You will be promoted by Savannah Pride and are allowed to advertise yourself at the event. (bringing a sign with your information, handing out business cards, etc.)

The event will take place Saturday, March 24th on Tybee Island, GA at the pier. (time has yet to be determined) They did confirm that they will provide a tent and I have a decent amount of mermaid decorations to decorate the tent. (but anyone is welcome to bring more decorations!)

Please let me know if you would like to attend as soon as possible! They would like to start putting together advertising material and the sooner they receive confirmations, the better.

Serious inquiries only! If you'd like to attend but are unsure if you will actually be able to, just make sure to mention it. I'd love to have a bunch of us there but I need a realistic number so we'll know what to expect.

If you are seriously considering coming, I've compiled a list of hotels under $200 on (or near) Tybee Island. These are hotels that I have personally seen and know they are good.

Hotels within walking distance of the festival on Tybee Island.

Hotel Tybee: $179
    It's right next to the pier and is probably the most convenient place to stay. It's got 2 pools, a restaurant, balconies for every room, free wi-fi, cable TV, microwave, and a small refrigerator. It's also right on the beach!

Sea and Breeze Hotel and Condo: $141
    This place is also super close to the pier. It's pretty cute too! It's got a pool, free wi-fi, microwave, small refrigerator, and cable TV.

Atlantis Inn:
    $122
    It's a pretty small hotel but it's also within walking distance to the pier. They've got free wi-fi, cable TV, a microwave, small refrigerator, and a free continental breakfast every morning. The rooms are also individually decorated and unique to one another. (There's also a mermaid painting on the building!)

Hotels in Downtown Historic Savannah (within easy driving distance to Tybee Island).

Best Western Plus: $188
    It's located in the East end of Downtown Historic Savannah and pretty close to River Street and the City Market. It's about a 20-minute drive to Tybee Island from the hotel. It's got a heated pool, fitness center, and free wi-fi. If you plan on staying longer than the festival and want to check out Savannah, I highly recommend this place. It's probably the cheapest hotel you can find in the downtown area.

Hotels in Midtown Savannah (within easy driving distance to Tybee Island).

Baymont Inn & Suites: $123

La Quinta Inn: $125

Best Western: $134

Hilton Garden Inn: $143
    Hey TybeeMermaid, do you know if this event will continue this year, by chance? Not sure if Covid cancelled it lol

Sent from my LM-G850 using MerNetwork mobile app