Thread: Mertailor spellbound Tail Review and First Swim at Port Noarlunga reef!!

Mertailor spellbound Tail Review and First Swim at Port Noarlunga reef!!

Hey everyone,

I managed to put up a YouTube video of my first swim in my Mertailor spellbound tail with Sirena fluke. It was amazing!!!!!
    Honestly I can't be grateful enough to Eric and the team members at Mertailor. The whole process was a breeze and their communication was exceptional! Any time i had questions i would usually get a response either that day or the next morning. They kept me updated the whole time and the actual processing time of tail from placing my order and receiving it was under 3 months. And the shipping time from USA to Australia was only 4 days!!!! Just a side note for any Aussie mers that are interested in purchasing a tail from the USA the import taxes can be quite expensive. Mine was around $250 Australian on top of the base cost of the tail which was $900 US, custom coloring which was $250 US and the shipping fees which were around $300 US. The import taxes have nothing to do with the Mertailor company at all, its just what the Australian government charges for import taxes.

In regards to the tail itself, being a full silicone fluke its heavy, 30lbs which roughly equals 15kg. So on land its heavy however in water it's neutral! Having previously had a silicone tail with a monofin inside I can honestly say I prefer this!!! The fluke is strong enough to propel you through the water and allow you to tread water with ease, but also flows so beautifully!!!! The foot pockets are so so comfortable and don't put any pressure on my ankles or soles of my feet! It is the most comfortable monofin i have ever used! The inside of the tail being line with wet suit material keeps you warm in open water and does hug to your body, but not in the same way a full silicone tail does. There was some "gaping" around my waist when I swam (only a small amount which you can see in the video) however this is unavoidable due to the way the material moves. BUT there was no drag!!!! I am not sure how Eric has done this but there was absolutely no drag what so ever (or at least none i could feel or was aware of). And if the gaping really bothers you, there are options on the market for "Gap wraps" however I really don't feel the need to get one as it was mostly as I was diving down and doing a tail slap! haha.

The side seams on the new spell bound tails are awesome! They are blended really well and are almost non existent! And the colouring! Eric has done an awesome job with the colouring, he took my concept and ran with it! The colours are so metallic and shinny and shimmery and under water my tail glows!!!

The only aspect about this tail I feel I should bring up is just purely for consideration, even though in the water the tail was neutral and I could swim with ease, after 2.5 hours in the open ocean my ankles had started to fatigue and I became aware of how heavy the fluke was and I found I had to use slightly more effort to swim. Now the only reason i'm putting this in my review is for people that might not be as strong a swimmer as myself, so they know that it may take a few swims for them to get comfortable swimming for long periods.

Overall I love my tail and can't thank Eric and the Mertailor team enough for bringing my beautiful Lion Fish Koi Tail to life!!! This tail gets 5/5 stars from me!
    Name:  26814699_775426322643722_2869833713394170638_n.jpg
Views: 2436
Size:  181.5 KB
    Name:  26907660_780589728794048_6427035251881885711_n.jpg
Views: 753
Size:  77.3 KB
    Name:  26805180_2013510658666890_1814597878727428288_n.png
Views: 914
Size:  619.8 KB
    Name:  19260493_2013510652000224_4723185427571779898_n.png
Views: 874
Size:  540.0 KB

Finally Heres the link please go check it out if you want to see what the tail looks like under water - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsHkvV2bVBU
    ~*The Coral Reef Koi Fish*~

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    What a gorgeous tail!

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    wow that colour design!

Senior Member Pod of The South Slim's Avatar
    Wow
    When you make the impossible become possible, that when the magic happens!

Survivor of cyberbullies

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Gorgeous!!!
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

Congrats Sirena, it's beautiful. Have many and happy swims with it!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

What a lovely tail! I was thinking in Mertailor for purchasing, and I think he will be my choose.

~Neerai Every, the Pirate Mermaid~

Member Undisclosed Pod
    Union of Pods of the North
    I love it soo much! I can't wait to get my spellbound in a couple more months! Maybe less i have no idea where I am in the queue :P

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    It looks wonderful on you!!!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    That. Looks. GOREGOUS! I saw that and was wondering who the lucky mer who got that was.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Amazing tail and lovely review, thanks for your insight ♡

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app