Thread: Mermaid Odette's newest tail design

Red face Mermaid Odette's newest tail design

Working on a new tail design for this year. I also plan to sell tails or even just sell tail making kits if I feel comfortable doing so. This first fin I made is smaller because I didn't want to use a monofin. I later realized that my idea may not work and didn't want to risk it not being firm enough to hold its shape and be swimmable so there is a monofin in there now. it's pretty darn light. This is just tinted silicone.

Name:  23659361_1469344113185871_480522252002343128_n.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  112.3 KB
    Name:  22310137_1433053760148240_3781686725731053354_n.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  56.9 KB

The scales are being redone into a sheet instead because I don't have enough time to do my favorite individual scales(as shown above). I always do individual so this is a first. not a fan of scale sheets, but ill use this as a test for my new molding method. These scales will be thinner than most. The goal is to keep this tail light so it works for all types of gigs, photoshoots, and mermaid tank work.
    On top of this, i have a lot of admin stuff to do for the business so it should get done hopefully by end of February or April if I don't drown in papers.
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    I ADORE the scales and fluke design!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Kane View Post
    I ADORE the scales and fluke design!!
    Thank you so much! It took forever to design. lol
    come find Mermaid-Odette on facebook!
    my website is here
    instagram

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/KahWlYkRbiGo8" width="480" height="360" frameborder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>via GIPHY