Thread: Launching Mermaid E-Learning Courses

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

Launching Mermaid E-Learning Courses

I am working with industry experts to launch a series of e-learning courses geared toward the mer community! Some of these will be for all mers (recreational and professional) with some being mainly for professionals.

These courses will be posted to a specific website soon, where you can purchase a course and receive a certificate of completion. You can add the certificate to your portfolio, but it also helps during tax time to pair it with your receipt, and you can claim the expense.

For each course I am referencing a variety of publications, studies, and direct input from professional in and out of the mermaid field.

If you didn't know one of the things I do on the side is create e-learning for training pilots so I am using those skills and software to create these.

Each lesson will have topic and subtopics with knowledge check questions along the way.

My goal with these collaborations is to help reduce risks that we all face, raise awareness and confidence, and raise industry standard.

My first lesson is an introduction to personal safety. I've consulted with AIDA, Padi, 3 studies and the organizations that conducted them, and various professionals. I've also conducted informal surveying in the community to show trends in the community.

I will post here when it's done.

I have a few people in the community who have early access and will be posting their honest reviews, and there will be summaries of what each lesson covers so you can decide if this is something you want to invest in

Senior Member Pod of Cali Saelyyia's Avatar
    Follow Saelyyia On Twitter Add Saelyyia on Facebook
    Follow Saelyyia on Tumblr
    Oh wow, I think the is a great idea. Thanks for all the hard work Raina!

Sometimes Life Just Needs a Bit of Magic

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    This sounds like a wonderful idea.
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

So this is all purely online/computer based like how some companies have you do computer training? Would the certificate be able to help you get into professional positions like at renaissance fairs or aquarium type jobs?

I love this idea though and would love to take the courses none the less.

the certificate is more for proof of attendance, and for tax purposes. However, I dont think it would hurt to use it in job applications, just can't guarantee if potential clients will put value on it.

That is an awesome idea! I would love to attend when it is ready!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

it's currently in the testing QC phase and should be done and up shortly. I am so excited. It took a tremendous amount of work, but if it goes over well I will certainly be making more, obviously collaborating with other experts.

I don't want people to think it's just me posting about what I think people should know It's all backed up from experts in their fields. I have been interviewing for like a year! lol

I will be launching this, THIS weekend I've had quite a few people beta test it, and ran it by some safety experts who gave me even more awesome suggestions! Once I make the needed tweaks, it'll go live