Thread: World Record Attempt, Nerfoundland, Canada, June 23rd Merby's

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod

World Record Attempt, Nerfoundland, Canada, June 23rd Merby's

Hey everyone! I am teaming up to help with a really cool event coming up and I wanted to let the community know about it.

You may have seen the viral photos/videos of the "merby's" the burly men who posed as mermen for a charity calendar. The calendar ended up raising $300,000+ for mental health charity in Canada. Huge amount!

The founder, Hasan, would now like to break the world record for most mers in one gathering. Though Mermania had close to 500 we didn't have an official to document, and a UK event recently set the record which I believe was around 300 or so. Hasan wants to do even better, and have 1000+

There is a survey online to gauge interest, and right now he has over 400 people committed to attending. They're making their own tails/bringing their own tails/ and members of the community are now making tails.

The event is not officially launched yet. They really need people to fill out the survey so they can adequately plan. However, Hasan does this professionally, so I feel pretty confident in letting you know it WILL happen.

You can learn more at this link along with filling in the survey: http://vocm.com/news/merby-tests-wat...ecord-attempt/

Survey: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...0jIyg/viewform

I'll be posting updates here.

This is a Canadian event, so if you were to decide to come, you will need a valid passport if you're not Canadian.

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Mermaid Kane's Avatar
    Haha, this is so cool. Too bad I can't make it though. Best of luck getting participants!

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Well, then it's time to get into shape, I guess...
    Not sure if I'll be able to attend, it depends on a lot of factors, but the idea sounds cool and really tempting, and getting into shape is a good idea anyhow

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    I wish I could cross the border! Sending much support and all the starfish wishes from Minnesota!
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?