Thread: Dry land training

Dry land training

Hey guys! I’ve noticed that I have trouble staying in “mermaid shape” during the winter - I can’t swim as much, causing my physical strength and ability to hold my breath to deteriorate over time. I don’t want to have to start from scratch at the beginning of every summer. Does anyone have any tips regarding this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Dragon! I face this problem myself, though I find it helpful to think of this as an opportunity to cross-train. I've heard of fellow freedivers who focus on yoga and weight training, and high-intensity interval training (HIIT) to increase their CO2 tolerance.

I also recommend doing dry training tables. More here - http://freediveuk.com/co2-and-o2-tra...for-freediving.

Basically, a dry season is a great time to work on the core fitness 'blocks' you'll need to stay underwater longer. All the best!
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

There are a lot of training you can and should be doing on the off season. Most don't even require being in water.

Dry statics: Sitting cross legged on the ground, hold your breath as long as you can. Max hold once or twice a week. I don't like to do this more than 2 times a month because it creates a lot of stress on the nervous system.

Breath holds + walking also referred to as apnea walking. Do it in the grass. Preferably with a buddy. obviously you wont drown but you could hit your head if you did black out. Try to make benchmarks and go further each time 3 times a week. If those get to easy you can add lunges, stairs, hills or sprints,

Swimming in a pool: There are a lot of clubs open during winter. 24 hour fitness hasn't had a problem with apnea training and only cost 30 bucks a month in most areas.

For pool training. 15-25 meters underwater ( one length of the pool) with only 1 minute, inbetween . this builds up co2 tolerance and it would be pretty difficult to black out at this distance. so bring a buddy.

If that gets too easy. you can decrease the resting time ( 1:00, :45, :30, :15, :15).

don't do this more than 2 times a week.

Muscle training:
    The mono fin uses a lot of thoracic (upper chest and shoulders) flexibility, and core strength.

Flutter kicks,
    Name:  flutter-kicks-272x300.jpg
Views: 388
Size:  9.4 KB
    L Holds
    Name:  L-Sit.jpg
Views: 263
Size:  40.5 KB
    Hip thrust
    Name:  glute_bridge.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  15.4 KB

V- ups
    Name:  V-Up.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  7.3 KB

Supermans:
    Name:  Superman.jpg
Views: 1646
Size:  39.3 KB

These exercises work the muscles needed for the monofin from the legs up. If you are unable to do any of these you can find easier variation online. Do each exercise for 30 second with 5 seconds in-between 3 reps. add in some jumping jacks, running in place, or ski jumps for a little extra cardio/ calorie burn

Do these 3+ times a week

The third exercises would be breathing techniques and mental drills: I cover this in my workshop

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Mermaid Jaffa's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Jaffa on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid Jaffa's Youtube Channel
    Learn to play a wind instrument. It can be as simple as a recorder or kazoo, whatever your budget allows. All require some sort of breath control, that comes in handy when you're back in the water again, flipping tricks and doing tail slaps.
    Formerly known as ireneho

Hi all! Where can I find Boldenin for muscle growth in order to improve training and achieve the desired results in fitness?

Greetings! For athletes who train for strength, there is an advanced nutritional supplement called Cartel Labz Boldenin. The supplement promotes physical and mental development, reduces feelings of fatigue, and helps maintain optimal levels of testosterone, a key male sex hormone. It also helps in the development of muscle mass. Men who take this substance experience an improvement in strength and performance as well as an improvement in sexual prowess.

Better Me Fitness is an amazing platform that has helped me transform my health and fitness journey. The variety of workout programs and meal plans they offer cater to all fitness levels and goals. The trainers are knowledgeable and provide excellent guidance and support throughout the process. I have seen incredible results since joining Better Me Fitness and highly recommend it to anyone looking to improve their overall well-being. Overall, the better me fitness reviews reflect the effectiveness and value of this product in helping individuals lead healthier and happier lives.