Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mermaid Video Games and Comics?

  1. #1
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32

    Mermaid Video Games and Comics?

    Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone knew any video games that had mermaids in it. Could be for a short amount of time or something relevant to the plot. I'd love to just find more Merfolk games. I'd also like to find some more comic books to read if any of you know any comics about merpeople.

  2. #2
    I used to love the game Legend of Mana for PS2. It has a mermaid in it named Revanshe as well as a siren named Rachel. They are NPCs, yu cannot play as them, but I loved the storylines and quests surrounding them.

  3. #3
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    I used to love the game Legend of Mana for PS2. It has a mermaid in it named Revanshe as well as a siren named Rachel. They are NPCs, yu cannot play as them, but I loved the storylines and quests surrounding them.
    Thank you so much! I'll definitely pick this title up on PSN. But I only found it on the PlayStation one

  4. #4
    Oops you are right it was PS1 not PS2. I haven’t played any console in such a long time

  5. #5
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    Oops you are right it was PS1 not PS2. I haven’t played any console in such a long time
    Thank you either way! It looks like a good game.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Costa Mesa, CA
    Posts
    159
    Off the top of my head, "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" allows you to play as a mermaid once you get a certain power. It is kind of like playing through a Saturday morning cartoon in a good way.

  7. #7
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonsGuard View Post
    Off the top of my head, "Shantae: Half-Genie Hero" allows you to play as a mermaid once you get a certain power. It is kind of like playing through a Saturday morning cartoon in a good way.
    I'm actually currently trying to push through the levels of Shantae~ I want a game that at one point has a story arc about mer folk. Sadly I don't think one exists

  8. #8
    Senior Member Euro Pod Lucinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    364
    "Tales of Monkey Island" has a race of merfolk called Vaycaylians:
    http://monkeyisland.wikia.com/wiki/Vaycaylians
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~


    Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

  9. #9
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    582
    The main character is not a mermaid, but she is aquatic: Aquaria.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

    Let the storm rage on!

  10. #10
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucinda View Post
    "Tales of Monkey Island" has a race of merfolk called Vaycaylians:
    http://monkeyisland.wikia.com/wiki/Vaycaylians
    Ooh nice! Which Monkey Island game are we talking about because there's quite a few :O I'm guessing the one that refers to is the telltale one.

  11. #11
    Member Pod of Cali
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Around San Francisco, California
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    The main character is not a mermaid, but she is aquatic: Aquaria.
    Aquaria from which game?

  12. #12
    Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Simi Valley, CA
    Posts
    582
    Aquaria is the name of the game. You can get it here:
    http://www.bit-blot.com/aquaria/

    Name:  Aquaria.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  22.9 KB
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

    Let the storm rage on!

  13. #13
    Senior Member Euro Pod Lucinda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    364
    Quote Originally Posted by Alkaid View Post
    Ooh nice! Which Monkey Island game are we talking about because there's quite a few :O I'm guessing the one that refers to is the telltale one.
    The fifth one. Yep, it's the Telltale game:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Monkey_Island

    It's also worth mentioning that the previous two games, "The Curse of Monkey Island" and "Escape from Monkey Island" also contain references to merfolk although none appear as actual characters in these games. In Curse a picture of King Triton can be seen as a decorative element on the map in the ship combat sequence. King Triton is also referenced in a song lyric in this game. Also when the main character's crew want to stop sailing with him the excuse provided by one of the crewmembers is that they have heard the Siren calling to them and that she wants them to do her haircut. (In addition to being pirates, the crewmen are also barbers by profession)
    In Escape a statue depicting a merboy can be seen in the town on Mêlée Island.
    ~~ Awaken your Inner Mermaid ~~


    Visit my art thread: http://mernetwork.com/index/showthre...-s-Merfolk-Art

  14. #14
    There’s a comic book called Shahrazad and it features mermaids.
    Here’s a link: http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Shah...ue-1?id=123318

  15. #15
    Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    14,547
    Sirens lament is one of the best online webcomics for mermaids I've ever seen. It should be turned into a TV show or movie.

    http://www.webtoons.com/en/romance/s...t?title_no=632

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •