Thread: Scales

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel

Scales

Am I the only one who still prefers the original rounded scales that can be made with the foam sticker circles? Despite the ease with which these scales can be created, and moulds made over and over again, they're being decommisioned all over the place. The more detailed "realistic" scales are lovely, but what about those of use who really just like the circles. When I finish selling my current tail and pay off my medical debts, my next step was going to be saving for a Spellbound, or Merbella(which I had the opportunity to buy the last time and didn't*face-palm*), but the scales that I like are all being phased out. While I am sure Merbella Studios would be willing to use the "old" scales for me, I was kind of looking forward to a tail that i don't have to work to keep my feet inside with a Spellbound and MerTailor has ditched the "old" scales entirely, which incidentally also raised the price of the Spellbounds(for those who hadn't seen yet).
    When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!

Senior Member Pod of The South Carolina Mermaid's Avatar
    I can definitely agree with you on the "old" look scales, I prefer the rounded scales for some tails, depending on the look you are going for.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    Quote Originally Posted by SIF View Post
    Am I the only one who still prefers the original rounded scales that can be made with the foam sticker circles? Despite the ease with which these scales can be created, and moulds made over and over again, they're being decommisioned all over the place. The more detailed "realistic" scales are lovely, but what about those of use who really just like the circles. When I finish selling my current tail and pay off my medical debts, my next step was going to be saving for a Spellbound, or Merbella(which I had the opportunity to buy the last time and didn't*face-palm*), but the scales that I like are all being phased out. While I am sure Merbella Studios would be willing to use the "old" scales for me, I was kind of looking forward to a tail that i don't have to work to keep my feet inside with a Spellbound and MerTailor has ditched the "old" scales entirely, which incidentally also raised the price of the Spellbounds(for those who hadn't seen yet).
    Generally, I prefer more intricate scales, but in the case of the spellbounds, I totally agree! I liked the rounded scales much better than the new ones, plus, it just knocks a spellbound even further out of my price range.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

I don't think merbella got rid of her round scales? I'm faorly certain they're still an option.