Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling Ugly?

Senior Member Pod of Oceania Kwilena's Avatar
    Add Kwilena on Google+
    Mermaid swimming is very good for strengthening our bodies and helpful for fitness too. The more you take time to swim, the more the water will make you feel beautiful. I felt quite powerful after just a few swims. I love that top!

I feel your pain. I used to be 4-5 stone lighter than I am not but being diagnosed with fibromyalgia 4 years ago and the amount of different medications I've been on to find something that works (which now is oral morphine) I hate my body so much. Fighting with meds and dieting which I'm just trying to eat x6 small meals a day and plenty of water. I see mermaiding not only as a magical thing I've wanted to do for a year but also you have to use your core muscles so hoping this will help me in the battle of the bulges lol. Here for you if you ever need to talk xx

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Imbrielle View Post
    If it is hereditary, then perhaps your doctor can help you and prescribe a medication that can cause weight control? Remember that you are still beautiful though, no matter shape or size, all mermaids are beautiful. Maybe you could try a fun new hair color, or a henna tattoo that compliments your curves?
    Trying new hair color is a good idea indeed. Moreover, go for a new hairstyle, sometimes it may drastically change your look for better. Here check a few pages on this site for reference, my personal favorite is using good old hair rollers, you should try it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Whisper View Post
    My best advice? If there’s no changing it, own it! I’ve lived far too much of my life in fear, and if there’s one thing I’ve learned, it’s that life is too short to care about such things.

If you’d still like to err on the modest side, there are lovely tankinis that both complete a mer look and help you feel more at ease.

Let me know if there’s anything I can help you with!

All my (mer)friendly love,
    Mermaid Whisper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I just wanted to say, your tail is gorgeous!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk