Thread: Tips for promotion?

Tips for promotion?

Hi everyone,

I aspire to become a professional mermaid. What are your tips for promotion?

I already have a website (I indexed and SEO optimized it), an Instagram, an FB page, a YouTube channel.

I am doing a professional photoshoot I am paying for in April.

How do you guys find clients for birthday parties? Weddings? If you want to perform in an aquarium or commercials, what do you do? Contact companies and send them your promotional mermaid video?

Curious about your opinions and ideas.
    Last edited by MermaidLiara; 02-05-2018 at 05:14 PM.

Definitely get your name out there. And don't be afraid of it. Like, my town has a craft fair and fun day on 4th of July. I plan to show up and have a few cards on hand. I like post cards apposed to business cards. Also, promote yourself on town FB pages. Link your fb, insta, and email. And definitely offer to family, friends, neighbors, and anyone in your community.

Sent from my M40 using Tapatalk
    Mermaid Kisses :*

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod Seaspray Mermaid's Avatar
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid On Twitter Add Seaspray Mermaid on Facebook Add Seaspray Mermaid on Google+
    Follow Seaspray Mermaid on Tumblr Visit Seaspray Mermaid's Youtube Channel
    Do an annual event somewhere, I do a meet/greet at the lake I debuted at. Volunteer at a number of places, like library readings. Fliers, advertisements, send invitations to Like your FB page EVERYWHERE. Look for connections for possible collabs. Put out proposals EVERYWHERE and consider a Direct Mail Campaign. Also cards/brochures. Good luck! Sending starfish wishes your way!
    Why blend in when you were so obviously destined to stand out?

Go out into the community and talk to people...

I got my first gig by going to a dive shop and talking there. They're now hiring me for photo ops and conventions. I bring cards with me and hand them out while there as well
    Even as it is written, "She had her dwelling in the great sea -- and was a fish therein."
    Xena: Warrior Princess
    Ep. 3.12 The Bittersuite

I always try to do monthly meet and greets on the beach when it's warm. They're a great chance to promote myself to the public and gain extra experience.

Have some business cards ready to hand out. Follow local businesses on social media (even if it clashes with your aesthetic)! Follow local photographers! Get involved with local festivals! Basically, make your presence known and all your hard work will start paying off.
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

You have all given me GREAT advice... Thank you all so much. Definitely going to utilize all of this. Going to order business cards as soon as I can.

SEO, social medie (instagram, fb, twitter), maybe youtube even. Also there are services that help to promote

When it comes to promoting your Instagram profile, it can be challenging to know where to start. One of the most effective ways to grow your audience and increase engagement is to buy Instagram likes from a reputable source, for example visit https://www.jesusmanifesto.com/. This will help boost your post visibility and make it more discoverable to a wider audience. Additionally, it's essential to use relevant hashtags, post regularly, and engage with your followers to maintain their interest. With these tips and the help of a reliable service, you'll be on your way to building a thriving Instagram presence in no time.