Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Your Human Job?

Currently, I'm a host at a restaurant and I tutor American Sign Language at my community college where I've been taking classes the last 2yrs. I'm studying to become an American Sign Language interpreter! I want to get certified and eventually I may look into mermaiding as an outlet for me because I love swimming and I love children and magic and I'd love to try it out. That'll probably be a long time from now, because I have to focus on paying bills and getting my career to take off!

Junior Member Pod of Cali Kira Majeric's Avatar
    Add Kira Majeric on Facebook
    I am a stay-at-home mom to an almost 5 year old mermaid. ^_^ I am also a belly dancer.

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Interesting! I feel like quite a few mermaids are also belly dancers. I can really see belly dancing moves coming in handy for mermaiding.

Submitted my resume for a job listing I found today to work for the local news station. I'm not feeling like my chances are good, but who knows maybe a bit of luck will come my way.
    www.youtube.com/MinxFox
    I love: Peacocks - Mermaiding -
    Tropical Plants
    That was her magic, she could still see the sunset, even on those darkest days. - Atticus

Junior Member Pod of Cali Kira Majeric's Avatar
    Add Kira Majeric on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid Alea View Post
    Interesting! I feel like quite a few mermaids are also belly dancers. I can really see belly dancing moves coming in handy for mermaiding.

Submitted my resume for a job listing I found today to work for the local news station. I'm not feeling like my chances are good, but who knows maybe a bit of luck will come my way.
    I have been a bellydancer for over 15 years. I actually saw mermaids for the the 1st time because they were at an event where my group danced. ^_^ The dance gas helped me learn the swim movements a lot easier.

Good luck on getting the job!

Stay at home mom and homeschooler for my 8 year old daughter.

Conference room ambassador. Aka fancy name for a janitorial staff dude thing, but hey I work out my legs all day.

Sent from my iPhone using MerNetwork mobile app

I have a degree in theatre and fill. My dream job is working as a trainer and manager for animal actors in Hollywood. But for now, I work at a bowling alley. I'm a server, front desk attendant, bartender, arcade room attendant, porter, mechanic and most recently a field training captain. I love my job. I adore my coworkers, I love my regulars and the work is so fun. There are days that I hate it, of course but at the end of the day, it's a fun place to work.

My best advice is to work somewhere fun. Work at an ice or rollar rink, a movie theatre, a pet store, a bowling alley, a theme park. The perks will be amazing and you'll be a to have a lot of fun until you find an 'adult job' in your dream field.
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Quote Originally Posted by MerEmma View Post
    Currently, I'm a host at a restaurant and I tutor American Sign Language at my community college where I've been taking classes the last 2yrs. I'm studying to become an American Sign Language interpreter! I want to get certified and eventually I may look into mermaiding as an outlet for me because I love swimming and I love children and magic and I'd love to try it out. That'll probably be a long time from now, because I have to focus on paying bills and getting my career to take off!
    I've been wanting to take ASL classes but there aren't any local. I would love to become fluent and I love the idea of helping to create a conlang of a mer sign language so when merfolk are performing in a tank at aquariums, there can be an interpreter on the outside translating to kids. It would also be useful for pod meets and swimming communication
    The Magical Mystical MerFanc
    A Welsh Lake Monster with control of weather, water and water creatures.
    Resident sea monster, best friend of sharks and ducks, lover of the Deep Ocean.
    Known on all other social media as theAfanc

Currently I am basically unemployed. I hobby like it's a job. Although I'm looking into jobs that I can do while taking care of my grandfather. Currently my dream job is to start a plastic recycling program where I live.
    Formally Known as Snowprincess

Your Human Job?

I’m a referral coordinator for a busy doctors office. All in all I like my job I’m pretty much my own boss mine does no micro manage and I like helping my patients and learning all the medical side. Dream job oceanographer/ marine biologist didn’t have the money for college a little old now and 4 teens no who need help starting their lives. So mermaiding is my hobby/life! 🧜🏻*♀️ My oldest thought me crazy till she saw and swam in my tail now she wants her own! My co-works have found out and think it’s awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mermaid Tealfire; 07-10-2018 at 02:53 PM.

I'm a deli worker who cut meats, cheese, occasionally fries chicken, make meal trays, makes sandwiches, flatbread pizzas, cleans dishes, pops popcorn because I'm the only one who cleans up after myself when I make the machine, cleans meat and cheese sliders , the floors where the sliders reside, and occasionally doing a productive walk that includes all the above plus extra side works. I'm glad I get at least 2 days off from this busy work.

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    I'm an artist(multimedium-leather, paint, sculpting, sewing, etc.) and a stay at home mom. I certainly couldn't do it without other adults bringing income into the house, though!

I'm very grateful that they allow me to do this and nurture my creativity

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    I wish I could do that, I would make so many plushies and clothes for sale
    Your imagination is your only limit

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid_Rain's Avatar
    Add Mermaid_Rain on Facebook
    Visit Mermaid_Rain's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    You can always try weekend craft shows once a month That's actually how I got started! After a while we figured out that I was making more at craft shows than I was at a minimum wage job O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Azurin Luna View Post
    I do it after work, just make dolls while on the couch watching TV. It's tough but doable. And it's slow but so worth it when you see the end result!

What sort of plushies/clothes do you make?

Senior Member Euro Pod Azurin Luna's Avatar
    Add Azurin Luna on Facebook
    Any kind of plushie I can find a pattern off, sometimes I alter the patterns.
    Clothes are the LARP kind of clothes, fancy dresses, rogue outfits, druid outfits, even a sorcerer outfit thought that one needs more work, cause it was really cold.

I sadly have very little time in the evenings, and I can't use my sewing machine in the evening cause I would wake up my little one. We don't really have weekend craft shows around here
    Your imagination is your only limit

Member Pod of The South Mermaid Kalele's Avatar
    I am lucky enough to be a SCUBA instructor, I'm in the water more than I am on land 🤙🏼

I work in a craft shop and I am a fantasy artist! ^_^

Senior Member Euro Pod selkie13's Avatar
    Currently working part time at McDonald's after a Shell of a year last year.
    Looking forward to going back to college and getting trained up as a barber though.

Does anyone have tips on making money as a teen? I’m saving up for a tail but the only income I have is Christmas and Birthday presents!