Thread: (Sold!) GoPro 3 Black Edition, Touch LCD BacPac, extra batteries and accessories

(Sold!) GoPro 3 Black Edition, Touch LCD BacPac, extra batteries and accessories

Selling my GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition! I upgraded recently, so I don't need it anymore. Device is in very good used cosmetic condition with normal wear. Device is in 100% working condition. It has been extensively tested and is fully functional. Asking $170.

What you'll get:

Hero 3 Black Camera (see specs here: https://www.amazon.com/GoPro-CHDHX-3.../dp/B009TCD8V8)
    Mini USB to USB cord (to plug camera into computer or to charge)
    Lexar 300x 32GB Class 10 U1 Micro SD card, and storage case
    USB Micro SD card reader
    Touch LCD Backpac and storage case
    Wifi Remote- charger cable and attachment ring included
    GoPro Hero 3 Standard Housing, including:
    Standard housing (waterproof) backdoor
    Skeleton housing backdoor
    Tough LCD Bacpac (waterpoof) backdoor
    Touch LCD Bacpac skeleton backdoor
    Touch Bacpac backdoor (has bump from decompression from when I few on an airplane- works fine but I'm not sure I'd trust it underwater)
    4 batteries
    2 battery wall chargers (and 1 European adapter plug)
    2 car charger adapters for the wall chargers
    2 curved and 1 flat adhesive mounts
    Quick Release Buckle
    J-Hook Buckle
    Suction Cup Mount

Please note that the charge port door (that covers the mini USB port and SD card port) is missing. It does not affect the functionality of the camera. If you feel you need it, you can buy a replacement on Amazon.

Current prices if bought as new:
    GoPro Hero 3 Black $330
    LCD Touch BacPac $60
    Lexar Micro SD card: $15
    Wasabi batteries and chargers (x2): $30
    Suction cup mount: $40
    Total: $445

My price: $170

The majority of the videos on my YouTube channel where shot with this camera, to give you an idea of how it performs.

Bump in the Touch LCD backdoor

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

FacebookYouTubeEtsy InstagramdeviantARTGoogle+TwitterTumblr

I'm really interested in this! I've been looking around for one of these. May I PM you about this more?

Edit:
    Touch Bacpac backdoor (has bump from decompression from when I few on an airplane- works fine but I'm not sure I'd trust it underwater).
    So does that mean it can't be used underwater anymore? That's what I would really want this for pretty much.
    Last edited by Mermaid_Victoria; 02-17-2018 at 01:13 AM.
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    https://www.instagram.com/thumbelina_the_water_nymph/ Instagram.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Victoria View Post
    I'm really interested in this! I've been looking around for one of these. May I PM you about this more?
    You sure can!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Edit:
    So does that mean it can't be used underwater anymore? That's what I would really want this for pretty much.
    It just means that that particular backdoor may not be waterproof. You can still use the Tough LCD backdoor with it, but it's hard plastic so you can't touch the screen to navigate. The touch screen doesn't respond to touch more than about 2 feet deep anyhow (see video showing this here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBqPibH4mtA)- it's just a limitation it has. The screen still works just fine, and you use the buttons on the camera to navigate the menus I haven't tested the touch backdoor since the bump appeared. I can do a submersion test with it tonight (the camera won't be in there, but there will be paper towels so it will be obvious if any water leaks)- then report back

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    It just means that that particular backdoor may not be waterproof. You can still use the Tough LCD backdoor with it, but it's hard plastic so you can't touch the screen to navigate. The touch screen doesn't respond to touch more than about 2 feet deep anyhow (see video showing this here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBqPibH4mtA)- it's just a limitation it has. The screen still works just fine, and you use the buttons on the camera to navigate the menus I haven't tested the touch backdoor since the bump appeared. I can do a submersion test with it tonight (the camera won't be in there, but there will be paper towels so it will be obvious if any water leaks)- then report back
    Oh that would be great! I'm really interested in this cuz I have been looking for a GoPro for swimming with and everything is so expensive. Your's is right in my range of price and all I would need is to add one of those floaty things, right?
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

They make floating grips/handles you can attach it to. But some people will just cut off a small chunk of pool noodle and tie it to the camera with fishing line, haha. Whatever works! I'll go weigh it down in some water for a few hours and see if there are any leaks.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Senior Member Euro Pod MermanOliver's Avatar
    Just curious: What did you upgrade to that you sell the mounting brackets as well? Most of the action cams on the market are GoPro-compatible with their mounting system, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by MermanOliver View Post
    Just curious: What did you upgrade to that you sell the mounting brackets as well? Most of the action cams on the market are GoPro-compatible with their mounting system, as far as I know.
    I got another GoPro (Hero 6 Black- so excited!), but I got some new mounting gear with the new one. I never used the adhesive mounts, and I got more with the new one, so I don't see a reason to hoard them. I know some folks do :P But since I just do underwater and simple stuff with it, I don't do enough sporty things to have a reason to! Same thing with the suction cup mount and the wifi remote- just never really used them. So why have them take up space, when someone else could potentially make use of them? I try not to hold on to too much stuff- just more stuff to deal with when the military moves us again :P You'll notice I didn't list or picture the pivot arm- that I am keeping because I do use it. I figure if someone buys the camera and wants the pivot arm, they can buy it for $10 on amazon.

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Good news- the Touch LCD backdoor didn't leak! I put it on the empty case, and I weighed the camera down in about 2 feet of water for 2 hours, then I shook it around under water really hard in all directions before taking it out- and no leaks!

But let that be a lesson though- if you fly with the GoPro and have the Touch LCD backdoor on it, keep it unlatched. I was one of many who found out the hard way. People were so angry at GoPro that they didn't have any warnings about that, and they didn't offer replacements (either free or for purchase). People knew that it was only waterproof up to 10ft, but no one really realized it was because of pressure, and that flying would be an issue. I was lucky in that I only got a bump, because mine was in a carry on bag. There were a lot of people who put theirs in checked luggage, and those busted!

Wingéd Mermaid Iona

Quote Originally Posted by Winged Mermaid View Post
    Good news- the Touch LCD backdoor didn't leak! I put it on the empty case, and I weighed the camera down in about 2 feet of water for 2 hours, then I shook it around under water really hard in all directions before taking it out- and no leaks!

But let that be a lesson though- if you fly with the GoPro and have the Touch LCD backdoor on it, keep it unlatched. I was one of many who found out the hard way. People were so angry at GoPro that they didn't have any warnings about that, and they didn't offer replacements (either free or for purchase). People knew that it was only waterproof up to 10ft, but no one really realized it was because of pressure, and that flying would be an issue. I was lucky in that I only got a bump, because mine was in a carry on bag. There were a lot of people who put theirs in checked luggage, and those busted!
    Wonderful!I'm gonna sleep for a few hours but I'm home all day (Saturday) and we can set up me buying it. If you want send me a PM with an PayPal invoice and I can pay for it when I wake up! Does it come with the mounting brackets Oliver spoke about?

Wonderful!I'm gonna sleep for a few hours but I'm home all day (Saturday) and we can set up me buying it. If you want send me a PM with an PayPal invoice and I can pay for it when I wake up! Does it come with the mounting brackets Oliver spoke about?
    Yes, it does! The mounts are the adhesive mounts (which you can stick to just about anything). The buckles slide into those mounts, so you can put the camera on different things. The suction cup mount (and also other things like a grip) you screw the camera on to with the screws provided. (When you see it you'll get what I'm talking about.) Your first GoPro can be a little confusing at first because it's a different kind of camera (a "sports camera" as they call it). Just read the user manual (here, and here), watch some YouTube videos, and play around with it, and you'll get the hang of it in no time

I'll send you a PM so I can get some shipping quotes and get all that stuff set up

Wingéd Mermaid Iona