Thread: Respiratory Safety

Respiratory Safety

Hey! I can totally delete this thread if this is redundant, please let me know.

So the reason I wanted to make this post is because I've been watching a bunch of DIY tail making videos on Youtube, which are so cool to watch, I love seeing how other people work! However, I've already seen a couple bad examples of respiratory safety and the types of masks they recommend or end up using. There is a crucial difference between these two types of masks and its VERY hazardous if you use the wrong one for anything with fumes or a spray (airbrush). Even if you are working outside, I would highly suggest using both the proper respiratory device and a pair of safety goggles, preferably goggles that enclose around your eyes (think ski mask).
    I'm sure you all know this already but just in case! The videos made me gasp. I want you all to be super safe when creating your dream mermaid tails <3

Name:  Safety.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  81.0 KB

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    Thanks for posting this! For some people this is new information, and for those who already know it, it's a good reminder!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    There are some faceplate masks that contain activated carbon. Those will get some gasses. You need to check the specs to see if it will handle whatever you are using. Even then, a respirator does a better job.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Good to know! Keep those lungs safe