Thread: New Mexico pods?

New Mexico pods?

Any New Mexican mers out there?
    Specifically southern NM? I live in Silver City NM and as far as i can tell there really isnt other mers around here.. id really like to connect with others into the hobby

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

I know there are a ton of mers in Arizona but I think there's also a few in New Mexico. There's a member map here [link] if you wanna take a look and try to find other mers in your area.
    Mermaid Sagittaria
    Savannah, GA | Richmond, VA
    Competitive Swimmer since 2005 | Aspiring Animator
    9 Time National Champion Swimmer | 11 Time All-American Swimmer
    Art Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/abigail_richey/
    Mermaid Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tybee_mermaid/

Quote Originally Posted by TybeeMermaid View Post
    I know there are a ton of mers in Arizona but I think there's also a few in New Mexico. There's a member map here [link] if you wanna take a look and try to find other mers in your area.
    Thanks for suggesting that
    I checked it out though and all but one have been inactive for years and the one that isnt seems to be located in cali now ;v;

Junior Member Pod of the Southwest Cerúleo Marez's Avatar
    I replied to your other post but hi again. Tritón burqueño here

I actually just moved to Silver City last year GF and I are planning a mermaid photoshoot for our wedding and I decided I should get active on this forum again and do some research!

Quote Originally Posted by scrapdragon View Post
    I actually just moved to Silver City last year GF and I are planning a mermaid photoshoot for our wedding and I decided I should get active on this forum again and do some research!
    Oh wow thats awesome!
    Do either of you swim?

We both do, although haven't found a tailfriendly spot yet.

Oh gosh! Good to know I’m not the only one out here. I’m in the ABQ area, and I have a friend who is also a mermaid, and a coule others who are interested. It feels like we are on our own little island out here in NM.
    I know that the pool I go to has let us bring our tails, as long as we clear out of the main swimming area/take off our tails if it gets too crowded and apparently there is another mermaid who gives classes there. I’ve never met her myself though.

Are you guys interested in planning a meetup for later this summer, maybe? (I'm still rooting for Elephant Butte Lake )

Elephant butte is good, white sands would be awesome for photos, no water tho lol

I think White Sands could be a lot of fun, but I vote for that for a winter meetup when it's too cold to swim- it's BRUTAL out there right now (friend was out saturday).

I've got an underwater camera plus water pockets for our cell phones. No enclosure for my DSLR but could totally do some on-land shots - and I do have a drybag.

AC in my car is acting up so we STILL haven't made it out to EB (Maybe this weekend? Hopefully. Going to take the car to Lawley to get looked at in the morning) to scout.

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LaNyah View Post
    Yep, I'm already a member

Howdy! Outskirts of Albuquerque here. Would love to meet ya'll. : )

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Pod of Texas

Add LaNyah on Facebook
    Hello and welcome

I don't know if any of you are still active but I just moved to Las Cruces. Would love to get in touch with other southern New Mexico mermaids!!!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)

hello

Quote Originally Posted by SleepySiren View Post
    Thanks for suggesting that
    I checked it out though and all but one have been inactive for years and the one that isnt seems to be located in cali now ;v;

hello im new here and im located in alamogordo nm

im new here and I live in alamgordo nm where do you swim

Quote Originally Posted by Siren Oceana View Post
    im new here and I live in alamgordo nm where do you swim
    Hello, I think I just got in contact with you on Facebook through the NM Mermaids group Can't wait to meet up and swim sometime!
    Mermaid Jade
    (Instagram | Facebook | tumblr)