Thread: Discord and other Updates

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr

Discord and other Updates

Just signed in for the first time in a new moon and found I have an invitation to discord. Just wondering how many people have migrated over that way to chat? I signed up but don't recognize anyone and the invitation was from someone I hadn't spoken to as of yet so just wondering if it was an open invitation that was sent out or if people are swimming to warmer waters etc?

In other news it's a new year! Anyone commit to any resolutions this year that they are working hard on? Mine was saving money by cutting out transit and working out regularly. I've walked over 300km since the new year and have defined abs for the first time in my life pretty excited to get some warmer weather and do some shoreline photoshoots again this summer.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Ive gotten nothing concerning discord.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Add Arking on Facebook
    Weird. I'm not particularly active on here especially as things quieted down in the fall so I thought it was fair bit strange to find that in my pm's.

Add Arking on Facebook
    I guess I'm more concerned that somehow I missed some sort of change of tide and a few members chose to leave and create a new site/forum to communicate. Don't want to get caught in murky waters, that's a surf I'd like to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post
    I guess I'm more concerned that somehow I missed some sort of change of tide and a few members chose to leave and create a new site/forum to communicate. Don't want to get caught in murky waters, that's a surf I'd like to avoid.
    I think I might of sent the PM by mistake cuz I was trying to message someone about it. I was the one that did send it though, I go by Thumbelina on the Discord. The Discord isn't replacing or having members leave mernetwork in any way. It's just a place where lots of mers from many platforms (mernetwork, facebook, IG, amino, etc...) come together to chat. The MN chatroom is rather slow and doesn't autorefresh so I miss a lot of messages when someone does respond in it to me.

You sent me a reply while I was at work and just got back a bit ago to responding to you. I tried to message you on Discord but I'm unsure if you saw the message. I do apologize for the confusion, hopefully this fixes it.
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    https://www.instagram.com/thumbelina_the_water_nymph/ Instagram.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

Add Arking on Facebook
    Quote Originally Posted by Mermaid_Victoria View Post
    I think I might of sent the PM by mistake cuz I was trying to message someone about it. I was the one that did send it though, I go by Thumbelina on the Discord. The Discord isn't replacing or having members leave mernetwork in any way. It's just a place where lots of mers from many platforms (mernetwork, facebook, IG, amino, etc...) come together to chat. The MN chatroom is rather slow and doesn't autorefresh so I miss a lot of messages when someone does respond in it to me.

You sent me a reply while I was at work and just got back a bit ago to responding to you. I tried to message you on Discord but I'm unsure if you saw the message. I do apologize for the confusion, hopefully this fixes it.
    Lol oh ok if I find myself over there again I'll say hi. I wasn't sure and wanted to be cautious I know this sounds terrible to say but I'm aware that drama can flare up from time to time and I'm always wary of getting involved so was def unsure when I peaked in and didn't see any familiar faces on the member list.

Quote Originally Posted by Arking View Post
    Lol oh ok if I find myself over there again I'll say hi. I wasn't sure and wanted to be cautious I know this sounds terrible to say but I'm aware that drama can flare up from time to time and I'm always wary of getting involved so was def unsure when I peaked in and didn't see any familiar faces on the member list.
    Cool, yeah deff try and come back and hang out, it's pretty fun for the most part! Yeah I understand about the drama stuff, we try to keep the drama down. If it does start up we try to take it to private so it doesn't get too out of control.
    https://www.facebook.com/Thumbelina-...3334293014461/ My new public profile page where I will prolly be posting swim meetups. I'll be sharing different mer related things I find interesting and conservation/foundations that help prevent trashing our world.
    https://www.instagram.com/thumbelina_the_water_nymph/ Instagram.
    I follow/like/add back if others do. I'll be trying to update each and everyone of these as much as I can. So check back often! I follow anyone who follows me as long as it's mermaid/ocean/conservation related.

The discord is awesome. Just a place to chat real quick with others who are online.