Thread: Merman in the Making

Merman in the Making

Although I'm a teenage boy, that doesn't stop me from be addicted to merfolk. I don't have a mermaid tail, and my parents probably won't buy me one. They probably won't buy me fabric or anything. I'm attempting to make a mermaid tail out of leggings, but I can't really succeed. I don't really want to talk about it at school or I might be bullied. Any help for making tails and expressing my love for merfolk?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Do you have access to a swimming area? You might be able to get them to buy you a monofin. The at least you can swim as a merman. Also, you can look into the entire free diving hobby. Free divers tend to use monofins more than other divers. By saying "I want to free dive", you can avoid saying "I want to be a merman." Most of the skills you learn from free diving will be of use as a merman too.

Also, if you have an allowance, the cloth needed to make a tail does not cost not very much. You could just buy it yourself.

Finally, don't use "mermaid tail", use "merman tail".
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member North Pacific Pod Arking's Avatar
    Add Arking on Facebook
    Add Arking on Linkedin Follow Arking on Tumblr Follow Arking on Flickr
    Quote Originally Posted by Merman Storm View Post
    Do you have access to a swimming area? You might be able to get them to buy you a monofin. The at least you can swim as a merman. Also, you can look into the entire free diving hobby. Free divers tend to use monofins more than other divers. By saying "I want to free dive", you can avoid saying "I want to be a merman." Most of the skills you learn from free diving will be of use as a merman too.

Also, if you have an allowance, the cloth needed to make a tail does not cost not very much. You could just buy it yourself.

Finally, don't use "mermaid tail", use "merman tail".
    Excellent recommendation! A lot of starter monofins can actually come shaped like mermaid fins themselves so you could try and convince them to go with the "cheaper" option that has the fin shape too it.