Thread: What is your name to you?

What is your name to you?

After watching Raina’s video on names this has me seriously considering my name. I think the name I picked will be hard for children to pronounce. Thow I don’t really like my real name. So I was thinking of maybe something short and simple like cass, or mermaid cass. I picked satine because she is my hope and who I wish to grow into be. ( if that makes any sense ) so I am very torn on this front.

Tell me me why did you pick your name. What thought if any did you put into it? Was there ever a point when you wanted to change it?

‘’What is your name to you?

Ahhh...My name was given to me in High School. Unfortunately, it's very hard to pronounce even for adults. If I could go back I would have chosen one easier to spell and pronounce, especially for tagging and searching purposes online. However, I've already made a name for myself with 'Aiera', and can't really go back after using it for almost 10 years now.

Also, if you were wondering, it's pronounced "eye-ERA" from the Japanese "愛鰓" standing for "love" and "gills" ^^

.:YouTube:.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/MermaidAiera
    .:Facebook:.
    https://www.facebook.com/MermaidAiera/

^^^ Like me on Facebook for fan updates and booking!!! ^^^
    ^^^ Follow me on Instagram @The_Long_Island_Mermaid ((MermaidAiera)) ^^^

Senior Member Pod of Oceania The Water Phoenix's Avatar
    I picked 'The Water Phoenix' because my Chinese zodiac is a dragon and I wanted something to do with 'fire'. I also picked phoenix because it's a fiery bird that is reborn when it burns itself to ashes. And the 'water', the reason for that is I love swimming
    Be the pilot of your dreams

**The Water Phoenix: A Western Australian mer**

Instagram: thephoenixmer

Satine sounds great, have you tried asking any kids to try and pronounce it?

My intro thread shows where my name comes from -- the hero of C S Lewis' Space Trilogy. His life has been engineered to do a single crucial duty, and he does it whatever the cost. Later he gives everything up as he understands his life is now being spent for a higher purpose.

It's not for nothing Ransom is his name. And call me idealistic, but honour demands I do the job I've been given, even if I'll never be able to freedive again.
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000