Thread: Mermaid tails and hotel swimming pools

Mermaid tails and hotel swimming pools

I am going to hotel for 3 nights over the Easter holidays the hotel I going to has a swimming pool I was wondering can I just bring my mermaid tail into the swimming pool without asking the hotel. People don’t really understand the mermaid thing or should I ask before I go. Had any of you experience with swimming in hotel swimming pools and how do I protect it from getting damage when traveling.

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    i have taken my tail to several hotel pools. I have never asked, and I have never been told I cannot use it.

Go for it, and have fun!
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Senior Member Pod of Cali Mermaid Holly's Avatar
    Add Mermaid Holly on MySpace
    I always seize the opportunity to swim in a hotel pool, and I've never asked, or been stopped. I'd say go for it!

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app
    "Deep calls to deep in the roar of your waterfalls; all your waves and breakers have swept over me."

Psalm 42:7

Follow Dogfish On Twitter
    Visit Dogfish's Youtube Channel Visit Dogfish's Vimeo Channel
    I asked a hotel once and was told absolutely no, but I brought it with me anyway out of curiosity and they didn't care at all (to clarify I did ask the lifeguard in person and he was not bothered either way). I think formally a lot of them do have to be seen to be vigilant for safety reasons, at least in writing, but the pool was quiet, plus I was attending a convention - though granted, it wasn't a mermaid convention. (Might add I was a guest at the hotel too!)
    Failing that, you could also hire the pool if you feel like going all out. I attended a private session which a few of us paid for and there were about five mermaids there as well as pool toys, and that was definitely ok.

Yes, I brought mine to a hotel I stayed (and the beach!) and none of the staff were bothered. If you're unsure, you can always ask the staff or lifeguard.

I wore my silicone tail for the first time at a hotel pool and a little boy was like mom! Dad! Look! Its a mermaid! Its a mermaid! It made me so happy

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    I have taken tails to different pools all over Florida and never once been asked to not use it. I think they don't want to aggravate the guests. If there was any trepidation, once they see how well you swim in it shouldn't be a problem. I did get asked to pose for pics a lot, though. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    I have taken tails to different pools all over Florida and never once been asked to not use it. I think they don't want to aggravate the guests. If there was any trepidation, once they see how well you swim in it shouldn't be a problem. I did get asked to pose for pics a lot, though. lol
    Well duh! Who wouldn't want want to take a picture with you. Your a good looking merman!

Senior Member Pod of The South Keiris's Avatar
    Add Keiris on Facebook
    Why thank you, Oona!

Quote Originally Posted by Keiris View Post
    Why thank you, Oona!
    No problem!

Senior Member Pod of Texas Mermaid Delphinidae's Avatar
    Most of the hotels I've been to don't have lifeguards and aren't strict about pool rules, so I doubt most places would care.