Thread: So whats the deal with Mertailor?

So whats the deal with Mertailor?

Ok so ive been floating around the community a bit and looked into a few tail makers a bit just out of curiosity and oh boy, i have no idea what to think of the Mertailor..
    It seems like a majority of the stories are from a few years back and i dont really know the context so i honestly dont know what the whole story is.
    What i gather is that basically if you arent someone whos name is known well... youre going to get a cruddy tail from the Mertailor... is this true? Does anyone have any recent stories or photographic proof of this?

Sent from my [device_name] using MerNetwork mobile app

Senior Member Undisclosed Pod
    Here you go:

Quote Originally Posted by AniaR View Post
    Here you go:

I actually just watched this video.. It still left me a bit unsure just because shes only speaking of her own experience and id say shes a high profile mer

she is me. lol. I've been around for all of Eric's career unlike most.

she is me. lol. I've been around for all of Eric's career unlike most.
    Oh hahah my bad!!
    So i know youre loyal to merbellas, but in theory would you trust Mertailor to make you a tail?

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    Raina, thanks for that. I've been looking for a tail maker to make a custom tail for my Lunocet. All the ones I contacted were either booked for years, or said no, or said it would be tens of thousands of dollars to do it.
    As a last resort, I contacted Mertailor. He was last because of the negative comments I had heard. But from my experience with other companies, and the fact that all the comments I had seen were old, I thought maybe things had changed, so it was worth the chance.
    Mertailor is working with me, and the custom work should start very shortly. Due to your video, I now have higher confidence that I will get a result I like.
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Sleepy Siren thank you for asking the question I didn't have the guts to ask. All the info out there is somewhat old, and it's difficult to get current perspective without really digging around and asking questions, yet I didn't want to seem like a n00b and ask.

And Raina, thank you sooo much for that video. You are so mature now and brave to own your mistakes of the past. I think a lot of us mers are carrying around that decade-old animosity toward Mertailor and really it's not right. I've always said I'll never get a tail from him, because of all those experiences from so long ago, but now I just might, because of how much he has grown and how you both were able to let the past be the past. Surely if you two can say "water under the bridge," so should the rest of the community

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Currently deciding on a color/design and saving up for my first tail!

I just bought a new tail from Eric!!!

I just bought a new tail from Eric!!!

Oh, hahah
    Its gorgeous ♡

North Pacific Pod

Oregon. Home of bipolar weather and rain in 30 degree weather.
    Add SIF on Facebook
    Visit SIF's Youtube Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MeliPixie View Post
    Sleepy Siren thank you for asking the question I didn't have the guts to ask. All the info out there is somewhat old, and it's difficult to get current perspective without really digging around and asking questions, yet I didn't want to seem like a n00b and ask.

And Raina, thank you sooo much for that video. You are so mature now and brave to own your mistakes of the past. I think a lot of us mers are carrying around that decade-old animosity toward Mertailor and really it's not right. I've always said I'll never get a tail from him, because of all those experiences from so long ago, but now I just might, because of how much he has grown and how you both were able to let the past be the past. Surely if you two can say "water under the bridge," so should the rest of the community

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    MeliPixie, we all look like moons now and again. There's no such thing as a dumb question, so don't feel bad asking something because you're new. We all love to put in a 2cents and bring others into the passion.

When you're caught and find yourself tossed back,
    take advantage of the motion, and catch the next wave!