Thread: Best Dolphin Tail?

Junior Member Chesapeake Pod Okeanos's Avatar

Best Dolphin Tail?

Hey there, everyone. I was hoping to get some personal feedback from the other members here. Has anyone ordered dolphin tails, or would anyone know which tailors have experience in such a design? I have spoken to two artists so far, Merrowfins and Mernation. When approached, Merrow quoted a tail to be about 3k. Mernation quoted it to be 5k. I have tried to reach out to others to weigh my options but I've had no luck. Would anyone happen to have any advice? Thanks!

I do know Mertailor has made them in the past for events, but you'll have to ask him if he's currently able to do so for customers.

If anyone here has such a tail though, I'd love to see it as well
    "Only in death does duty end." -- Warhammer 40,000

Senior Member Pod of Cali Merman Storm's Avatar
    I have a monofin with a dolphin tail. I'm having issues with getting a skin to go with it. I've made a couple of my own, with limited success.
    The monofin itself, the Lunocet, works quite well and is very fast.
    Name:  DSCN0108.JPG
Views: 187
Size:  203.7 KB
    At present, I'm working with Mertailor to get a silicone skin that works with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Are you a Frozen fan? Frozen fanfiction:
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10952902/1/Rain-of-a-Child-s-Tear

Let the storm rage on!

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    Hey there, everyone. I was hoping to get some personal feedback from the other members here. Has anyone ordered dolphin tails, or would anyone know which tailors have experience in such a design? I have spoken to two artists so far, Merrowfins and Mernation. When approached, Merrow quoted a tail to be about 3k. Mernation quoted it to be 5k. I have tried to reach out to others to weigh my options but I've had no luck. Would anyone happen to have any advice? Thanks!
    I got a pretty good dolphin tail from Merrowfins. You can see some video and photos of me in it on this link. I couldn't get my feet all the way through, thus the odd ruffle at the end, but that's a matter of practice. https://mernetwork.com/index/showthr...283#post292283
    Last edited by Dolphin Man; 03-10-2018 at 06:43 PM. Reason: add a link