Thread: Anime Boston 2012 - April 6-8th

Anime Boston 2012 - April 6-8th

Hey is anyone planning on going to Anime Boston? I'm going because I love looking at the costumes. If other mers are going to be there I might bring my tail, especially if there is some place to swim.

http://www.animeboston.com
    "SeaSparkles" "Spindrift" "Enakai" "Cuddlefish" "Confused"
    Professionally performing as Enakai Fairyfish

Enakai Fairyfish: FB | IG

Oy, I forgot that was just around the corner. I'd definitely like to TRY to go (especially if there will be mermaids present) as I have every year for the past four years. Maybe this year will be the one that happens! Doubt my tail will fit by then though

Administrator Pod of Cali malinghi's Avatar
    You should totally try to get some people together!

Also, you guys should invite JV Hampton-VanSant. He's near Boston, and I think he's always wanted to meet up with other mers.

Yeah there's a couple around there, at least on that end of MA

Out of curiosity, who did manage to go? I went as a Team Magma grunt (Pokemon).

I'm pretty sure the hotel attached to the con area had a hotel, last time I went was in 2008. :o
    2013 or 2014 might be a fun time- if atleast one mer had a hotel room, it would always be fun to troop down to the pool together.
    "The German Nix/Nixe/Nixie are types of river merman and mermaid who may lure men to drown,
    like the Scandinavian type, akin to the Celtic Melusine and similar to the Greek Siren.
    The German epic Nibelungenlied mentions the Nix in connection with the Danube, as early as 1180 to 1210."
    Merkind have been around for a while.

Saving for three different tails -- am broke and in college.
    C'est la vie.

I'm planning on going some year when I have a silicone tail. I'm gonna try to find a wheelchair and decorate it with seashells, so it'd probably be in 2014 or 2015 lol, this year I'm going as Nepeta from homestuck
    My dragons:

I don't know if I'll go this year. I think I'm free, but I didn't like it that much. :| Maybe my impression was just 1/1000000 though.

I'll be there! I'm going with my friends!