Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mermaid Parties Custom Tails Review

Mermaid Parties Custom Tails Review

I just discovered that Mermaid Parties based in Colorado Springs make and sells tails for around $200 and some of them look quite good. Has anyone bought a tail from them? I don't think they've been around too long but would love to hear some reviews about their experience, the tail quality, customer service etc. Maybe thinking about saving up for one.

I have bought a tail but have not received it. She just got the neoprene today and as reminded to all of my (most likely annoying) emails quickly and politely. I will be awaiting photos soon...
    Hugs, fishes, and mermaid kisses!

ditto ^ awaiting tail, will review upon arrival and use

Question: Why 200$ in comparison with the others that are more expensive?
    and in the water? May I see a video?

I emailed today and am a little worried that the tails are made with Alex Plus. I really want one, but I read the stcky in the tailmaking thread about Alex being no good for tails. I will await your reviews to make a purchase. ^_^

Quote Originally Posted by SignorinaSirena View Post
    I emailed today and am a little worried that the tails are made with Alex Plus. I really want one, but I read the stcky in the tailmaking thread about Alex being no good for tails. I will await your reviews to make a purchase. ^_^
    Well, the good news is you can't make an ALEX tail for $200 (the last time I priced it out for the FAQ, granted that was a while ago)

The bad news is also that you can't make an ALEX tail for $200. So what we've got here is a mystery, gang!

Edit: Actually you can do it, barely
    Last edited by OrcaMatt; 03-29-2012 at 10:33 PM.

My tail shipped!!! It'll be here on Tuesday so by not next Monday but the monday after that I will post a review! Can't wait!

Senior Member Pod of The South Blondie's Avatar
    Looking forward to the review Gem! Take lots of pictures!

I really think I'm going to get one, regardless of the Alex thing. Here's what Stephanie over at Mermaid Parties says about the make-up of their beautiful, cost-effective tails:
    I use neoprene for the fabric, and yes, the Alex latex with silicone. It's waterproof and has a pretty good stretch to it. My monofins are made from coroplast plastic sheets with a neoprene sock for both feet to fit comfortably.They're 100% swimmable and I will provide care instructions with your tail order too.
    I appreciate that she wants us to have the best for our money and wants us to keep them as long as we continue to take care of them.
    I also reread the Alex sticky and noticed that, with care and silicone spray, the life of an Alex tail is definitely extended.

Quote Originally Posted by OrcaMatt View Post
    Well, the good news is you can't make an ALEX tail for $200 (the last time I priced it out for the FAQ, granted that was a while ago)

The bad news is also that you can't make an ALEX tail for $200. So what we've got here is a mystery, gang!

Edit: Actually you can do it, barely
    Name:  6b4.jpg
Views: 518
Size:  64.7 KB
    U Jelly Bro?

jk ^.^

I am reserving judgement until I recieve and swim in said tail, also until there is some wear and tear (follow up review at least 6 months after)
    Last edited by Mermaasai; 03-30-2012 at 10:15 AM.

I really want to order one of their tails, they look so pretty and look realistic for the price, but I noticed and read about the Alex Latex that is used in the tails and about it in the sticky threads and cannot help but worry a little. Though I do tend to worry over the slightest things sometimes even when there is no call for it I'm not very clued up on the different chemicals and materials used to mold and make tails with yet either. Should it be alright to use? I think I read somewhere it can be harmful to the skin and stuff too? It's probably just me looking too much into things, lol. What would anyone advise?

The tails look good and I'm sure they will have to be touched up over time but i still want to see some orders before I slap down the cash.

I will give a very thorough and honest review once I receive mine. (as well as others who order theirs will, I'm sure)
    and I don't mind being a mer-guinea-pig

I received my tail!!!! I GOT MY TAIL!!!! IT CAME!!!
    calming down now...

Ok, I absolutely love the colors and it looks so much better in real life. I have not swam in it yet but I might be able to tommorrow, hopefully. I will defenitely swim in it this weekend! So far, everything arrived on time, the tail is in great condition, and Stephanie is an awesome person!

Member Pod of The South Raivynn's Avatar
    Pictures!

lol does it fit? is it comfy? and yes swim swim swim, let us know if you get some good power out of the monofin.

I'm so happy for you!!!

Wowy zowy that was fast
    I'd love to see the tail~ How does it fit!!

Give mermaidparties some photos to put on her facebook wall :'P
    Check out my Blog
    Shop on my Etsy
    Like my Facebook

It fit great. Minor problem with the monofin but she is switching materials because this has been a reaccurring problem. She promised to fix it with no extra charge to me. Besides that, it fits great, feels so comfortable, but I wasn't given the chance to swim just yet.

What kind of problem with mono fin (sorry I don't understand.damn my english it's still insufficient ) You have problem to put your feet in?

I can't wait to see you swim in it! ^_^ best fishes!
    Last edited by Nim; 04-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.